I was curious as to whether anyone in the forum had experience with the Model B Pickups as a towed(toad) vehicle behind a Motorhome? I don't see it as a problem, particularly models with a standard transmission. My only concern might be  how the Drop front axle might track. I have towed a Durango behind mine since 98 so I don't think weight is an issue. Building a tow bar to fit my Blue Ox wouldn't be an issue either.

Edited by johnsartain

A number of years ago I towed my 50 B2B from South Carolina to Virginia for a car show, about 500 miles, with no problems. I used a home-made tow bar that bolted up where the front  bumper mounted. I used a 1968 Chrysler Newport as the tow vehicle. 

• Thanks 1

John, When my family moved back to Tucson from Arvada CO. in the 70's we towed my Dads B1B behind a big ole Uhaul. My Uncle Jay fabricated a sturdy tow bar mount on the front bumper and it worked great. It was in the winter and there was a lot of snow and ice in the Colorado Springs area. We didn't have any problems at all, it towed great. I also distinctly remember my Uncle disconnecting the governor in that Uhaul too :)

John

Edited by John Rogers
  • Thanks 1

I am glad to hear that. I'm sure the B2B is a heck of a lot lighter than that Durango. In my opinion, the B2B will be a whole lot classier ride too. Thanks guys!