P15 coupes

Busted_Knuckles

P-15 business coupes have rear side glasses.

It's the Dodge,DeSoto,and Chrysler business coupes that don't have rear side glasses.

I may be wrong,but I suspect the business coupes and club coupes have the same wheelbases.

All american P15's have the same wheelbase excluding limos or specialty made bodies. The cab and rear side windows on the business coupe are shorter than the club coupe. I'm not sure about the trunk lid though.

Ok my reason for asking I am building a mid 50's style period custom chopped lowered etc. but the backside of the Plymouth is well fat so by extending the quarters and rear fenders it gives the car a lower sleeker look. Its an old customizers thing from the likes of George Barris, the Alexander brothers Bill Heinz etc. so it's not something I thought up as much as I wish I could be so innovative  but it is what it is. I've done this on another car many moons ago but this is my first Plymouth custom so I need it to be extra cool

Most of the time it was the Business Coupes that were used as having a shorter, slightly lower rear roofline that didn't have to allow for a rear seat  meant that the Business Coupe roof had a smoother flow into the tulip panel.........this was particularly pronounced in the 42-48 Fords but also applied to the 42-48 Plymouth Coupes which still used the original shorter 1940 Coupe body shell thru to 1948 in their Business Coupes and as with Fords styling or maybe its the other way, but the Club Coupe or 5/6 Passenger Coupe has the longer roofline to accommodate that rear seat.

What type of 48 Plymouth Coupe have you got?........short roof Business Coupe  or longer roof Club Coupe?............andyd