1941 dodge luxury liner D19 body restauration

Adrian41D-19

Hello everybody, i have a 1941 dodge club coupe and i'm looking for photos of underneath cause on my car everythings about rocker panel is rusty or crack and diseapear with the time so i have no idae of what it suppose to look like.

if someone have a 41 dodge in good shape please can you take some pictures of rocker panel, under the car floor A and B pillar it can help me.

help me to save this old lady ^^ (my car look great on the picture but it's an older restauration, in the 70's maybe, full of bondo everywhere and it crack :(  )

big-2988488a36.jpg?v=6

• Like 1

Just at a glance,it's not hard to understand why you were blinded by beauty.

It has happened to all of us.

Some of us a lot more than once.

• Like 2

I drove this car as a daily driver since 2011 and last year on my birthday, i was driving in town and a guy came out of a parking spot he don't see me (strange isn'it? Haha) and it happen, the front and rear fenders get wreck and all the bondo on the rocker panel pop out on the right side.... Let me told you i cry hahaha 

whatever.... I think it was time to redone this car and repaint it in it's original color seaplane blue. 

But i'm realy sad cause i can't use it anymore until she is redone i have to drive a modern car :/ haha 

i think nobody know the french car citroen xm with hydraulique suspentions. It's a good car but i prefere my dodge.

i will keep you updated about the work on it.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello evrybody, irecently sold a 65 mustang and my 1970 chrysler 300 so i have a lil bit of money to put in my 41 dodge, i'm looking some parts like front and rear fender RH.

Iwant to know if i can find a wiring harness ready to install or if i have to build a new one myslef, my is in working condition but in the engin compartment it's a lil bit scary haha i don't want leave it like this i affraid the car get in fire one day cause of this.

it's a beginning, i think i need new running bord specialy on the right side. 

Anyway, my priority is the fenders. i don't specialy want NOS but two used in good shape is enough. I find two NOS on ebay, about 350$ each but if i cant find cheaper is better cause i have to send them to france and the transport is not free haha.

thank you everybody :)

have a nice weekend.

On 8/25/2017 at 7:00 AM, Adrian41D-19 said:

Hello everybody, i have a 1941 dodge club coupe and i'm looking for photos of underneath cause on my car everythings about rocker panel is rusty or crack and diseapear with the time so i have no idae of what it suppose to look like.

if someone have a 41 dodge in good shape please can you take some pictures of rocker panel, under the car floor A and B pillar it can help me.

help me to save this old lady ^^ (my car look great on the picture but it's an older restauration, in the 70's maybe, full of bondo everywhere and it crack :(  )

big-2988488a36.jpg?v=6big-2988488a36.jpg?v=6

I just came across your post do you still need picture of the rocker? I have a '41 Chrysler Windsor Club Coupe and the body looks identical.

IMG_4418 (800x600).jpg

Edited by 1949 Goat

Yes, the 1941 to 1948 Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler all shared the same bodies.   The Dodge was on a 119½" wheelbase, DeSoto and Chrysler 6 - 121½ wheelbase and the Chrysler 8 - 127½".  The wheelbase differences were all in the engine compartment.   The Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler long wheelbase models were 18" longer than the base sedans.

The Plymouth used its own, slightly smaller body, on a 117" wheelbase that was introduced in 1940 and used through 1948.  The 1942 models received new exterior sheet metal that gave the car a slightly more rounded look.  

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, Adrian41D-19 said:

i think nobody know the french car citroen xm with hydraulique suspentions. It's a good car but i prefere my dodge.

Familiar with the DS model, first became aware of them about 1966, neighbor had two of them.  An acquaintance of mine has one in northern part of Georgia, very nice example might I ad and there is one under a tarp less than 50 miles from me but I have never seen it uncovered or moved from the same spot.   My friend owned a SM while stationed in Europe and spoke very highly of its performance with the Maserati engine.  I have often thought of stopping in and talking with the guy near me, he also has what appears to be a Golf GTI under tarp next to the Citroen.

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Familiar with the DS model, first became aware of them about 1966, neighbor had two of them.  An acquaintance of mine has one in northern part of Georgia, very nice example might I ad and there is one under a tarp less than 50 miles from me but I have never seen it uncovered or moved from the same spot.   My friend owned a SM while stationed in Europe and spoke very highly of its performance with the Maserati engine.  I have often thought of stopping in and talking with the guy near me, he also has what appears to be a Golf GTI under tarp next to the Citroen.

nice !  i have a garage full of them ^^ you can get cx and xm for 150- 200$ running condition but for dsand sm it's more more expansiv

• 4 months later...

Quick job on the 41 today ^^ my speedometer indicator was broken and don’t work properly. I do some cleaning and lubrication were is needed but steel this particular and specific 1941 needle steel need to be fixed up. Well i just use an old plastic box i cut and place on it :) and it work :) i find an original one on ebay but $150 withiut shiping (something like $45 in plus of the price) so i give up haha and i make my own one

A3781C05-028A-4BE2-8B40-FAA8CC981277.jpeg

0306167C-2508-4CA0-89D2-04ADCD1728DB.jpeg

Edited by Adrian41D-19