Bearing going

OK so I was looking at truck today and in the past little while it has sounded like metal scraping metal. I have looked everywhere on this truck of mine. With no such luck. It sounds like it's coming from the rear of the engine. So I went to see if the plate on transmission was loose. It really sounds loud now after I took it for a drive. It wasn't doing this before I changed the oil and filter and did the oil pan gasket. Wonder if I did something wrong there.

Going to have to start proof reading everything. Sorry for spelling mistakes. 

Edited by bambamshere

Just now, bambamshere said:

K so I wad looking at truck today and in the padt little while it has sounded like metal scraping metal. I have looked everywhere on this truck of mine. With no such luck. I sounds like it's coming from the rear pf the engine. So I went to see if the plate was loose. It really sounds load now after I took it for a drive. I wasn't doing this before I changed oil and filter and did oil pan gasket. Wonder if I did something there.

This is very hard to answer as I don't understand "K- wad- padt little while-It really sounds load now" Can you better explain?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

This is very hard to answer as I don't understand "K- wad- padt little while-It really sounds load now" Can you better explain?

K is texting for ok.

wad he hit the the d instead of the  s.

padt is past...he forgot the A in a little while.

load is loud now

But you already knew all this, your not stoopid.

Sometimes on here you have to trouble shoot the fat fingered mistakes, lack of editorial skills, forgetfulness, and plain old bad spelling.

Sarcasm is not always required to do do this.

Startr bndx hngng up? Flwhel hitting DST grd?  Noise incrs, decrs, or stathe same with rpm chnge?

Sarry, Prf rdr tuk daoff.  

Shall we lighten up here before knickers get twisted????  

Maybe we need to agree to keep texting short cuts where they belong, IDK about you but they irk me.  They belong in in the dust bin of communication styles.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, greg g said:

Shall we lighten up here before knickers get twisted????  

its not knickers getting twisted, it is the supposedly common language getting slaughtered....makes me wonder if this is not why folks cannot understand what they read in the repair manual.....words used today are not words at all thus may not be recognized when spelled correctly

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Elder said:

K is texting for ok.

load is loud now

Sometimes on here you have to trouble shoot the fat fingered mistakes, lack of editorial skills, forgetfulness, and plain old bad spelling.

Frank, I don't think Don was being sarcastic. He has been more than helpful to many on here. I didn't understand it either and just went on. Possibly and probably Don was wanting clarification so he could help the guy.

4 hours ago, Mike36 said:

Frank, I don't think Don was being sarcastic. He has been more than helpful to many on here. I didn't understand it either and just went on. Possibly and probably Don was wanting clarification so he could help the guy.

You may be correct, I don't really know Don any better than you....that being said I have been talking to and agreeing and disagreeing with Don for 6 years longer than you have been on this forum Mike. Yes he is very helpful and I think he means well, but as Don says say what you mean and let the chips fall where they may...lol. It was just a mild chastisement, I am capable of much worse if needed....Don will weed me out if he  wants to or he may ignore me altogether, but we still respect each others opinion.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

K is texting for ok.

load is loud now

I rarely send or receive text messages. First off I primarily use my cell phone for emergencies. If I make an attempt to text my fingers are way too fat to punch the right key so I rely on Siri. So I do not know the language of text. Problem with Siri is she does not like it when I cuss. She always says "Don, your language"

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Don, I am sure you still capable of sending messages with your fingers.....Siri would have to flat learn or leave....!!!!!!!!

I keep asking her for personal favors as I feel she should know me by now but she only responds as I posted above.

Sorry for spelling guys and not being on here. I have been at family farm and one of the family passed away. I will be back on Sunday to explain more on the noise. 

Might just be timed wrong. 

Thanks for the help 

Edited by bambamshere

So back to the timing I go. I timed it to 2 degrees. The other day today I started it up and thought ok maybe I just timed it wrong. So hooked up the light and it was going all over the place on #1 cylinder. So dicided because #6 is on the same stroke I would try that. It was working perfectly fine. Maybe it's the sparkplug wire. Not sure time to go play on it for a bit. Had fun also starting it this morning it didn't want to do that either. 

Ok so I did a compression test today. 

#1 80 #2 80 #3 80 #4 80 #5 75 #6 85

Edited by bambamshere