48' Plymouth 4 row Radiator

Sal's 48

I need your help.

I am in need of a 4 row radiator  for my 48' Plymouth Special Delux Club Coupe.  Does any one have any suggestions? 

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Sal's 48 said:

I need your help.

I am in need of a 4 row radiator  for my 48' Plymouth Special Delux Club Coupe.  Does any one have any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Is your radiator missing,or just leaking?

If you have one and the tanks are good,you can get a new core put installed on the tanks and save a bundle of money as long as you are willing to use modern cores. It starts to get pricey when you go for the honeycomb cores,though.

This is assuming you are running a 6 cylinder flathead,of course. If you are running a modern V-8 you can put pretty much anything you want in the car.

I have a 48 ' radiator for the car. I had it tanked and the tech said the radiator is no good. I believe the top and bottom tanks are good for a new modern 2 5/8" 4 core . This is an original car. I have rebuilt the flathead. I viewed your link.  Where can I get a radiator like the one you have in your radiator photos. It is the one photo of a Plymouth that color blue.

Thanks!

A new 4 row core is thicker than a 3 row and has same thickness as the orginal: 2 5/8" thick

If I can find a 3 core that is the same thickness as original, I can use it.

42 minutes ago, Sal's 48 said:

I have a 48 ' radiator for the car. I had it tanked and the tech said the radiator is no good. I believe the top and bottom tanks are good for a new modern 2 5/8" 4 core . This is an original car. I have rebuilt the flathead. I viewed your link.  Where can I get a radiator like the one you have in your radiator photos. It is the one photo of a Plymouth that color blue.

Thanks!

Sorry,Windows 10 made that word into a hot link,not me. I didn't even notice it had happened until you asked me about it.

My suggestion is to do a web search using the words "radiator repair" in  your local area,and then call around to get estimates.

If  you don't care about losing the original brass and copper look,go on ebay or amazon and look up an aluminum Champion radiator.

http://www.championradiators.com/plymouth-coupe-radiator-1947-1949

I am ready to pull the trigger on this one for a friends 47 Ply. Bus. Cpe. in my garage.

This radiator can be had on EBAY for a few $ less but if you read closely on warranty it is way less than the one posted that is a life time warranty and guaranteed to cool up to 600 HP. So unless your planning on a blown hemi in your future I'm sure this will work out.

Don't like the aluminum look? Paint it with a  radiator black spray paint, Not regular black paint as it will reduce the cooling ability of the radiator.

DJ

• Like 1

I found another, a little less money than the Champion. By Speed Daddy. But has a sight variance in demensions. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ROW-ALUMINUM-RACING-RADIATOR-47-49-PLYMOUTH-CHRYSLER-COUPE-SEDAN-P15-DELUXE/382197144198?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45727%26meid%3D64cff61ba4ff47f796a77dc8c337b4f1%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D201002921792&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Do you know if this one will fit?

Edited by Sal's 48
miss spelled some words