Dump truck with gooses neck

Todd B

I am in the market for a new work truck before the end of the year.  I would like a 4x4 one ton dually crew cab with a dump box, plus a goose neck ball for towing my job trailers, of course a Dodge.  I have been working with 2 local body building shops and they both are having a hard time with the dump box and a goose neck.  Has anyone done this before?

Thanks, Todd

• 2 months later...

I did find a company to do what I wanted and I went there to look at all my options in person. That’s when we realized that the sides of the box plus the hinge point of the tailgate is too high. It will hook the corner of my gooseneck trailers. I switched my gears to a flatbed dump with a gooseneck hidden ball in the middle.  I will make some 2 x 12 removable sides and I’m also having them add two stainless steel utility boxes under the bed mounted to the frame. Thanks for asking

I'm thinking the reason the VW camper thingy is so rare is once they built it they realized a VW only had enough power to pull itself and the poor thing couldn't pull the camper.  I think the video was shot as it was coming off a steep grade. At the bottom of the grade they realized the VW didn't have enough brakes to stop it either.  That's why the camper was damaged and in the scrap yard.:D