Valve guides, Spitfire

R&D Dodge

40 minutes ago, R&D Dodge said:

As luck would have it, your tooling arrived the same day the guides did Brent!  If I could just find the time to install, but for now I must pretend to be a plumber.. 

the problem with pretending to be a plumber is that the problem may pretend to be fixed...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

- Speed wobble. I had that experience once many years ago pushing the limits and it focuses a person's attention quickly to pay attention to proper maintenance, and as Dirty Harry would say, " A man's gotta know......" lol

Edited by T120

My experience happened while riding a motorcycle...

Edited by T120
distracted typing
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 1:25 PM, Don Coatney said:

In 1969 BSA was offering a new motorcycle to anyone who set a speed record at Bonneville with a rocket 3. The record was around 130MPH. First run I hit 116. Next run was the last for me as the transmission case cracked and no spare was available. But it was a fun week. I met Burt Munro in person and touched the worlds fastest Indian.

Don,Too bad that you had the mechanical problem and missed out on the new BSA Rocket 3, but anyhow you had the opportunity to participate and also to meet Burt Munro...good memories to have! ?

Edited by T120

• 1 month later...