B3B interior

JaysonK

Okay last question for today, anyone have a picture of original interior for these trucks? My truck is missing he headliner and I do not believe the door panels are correct. I have read that some Job Rated trucks only had one sun visor, it looks like my truck has holes for two but do not know if that is original. 

6 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

There are several companies reproducing the original interiors. All the cabs were drilled for both sun visors.

Sun visor info:

My interior copied from originals (except the seat cover).

007 - Copy (2).JPG

I see.....looks nice.....my doors have pleated panels....

The original door panels had some embossing in them. At least on the B1's and B2's. This is one of my original door panels.

PC170877.jpg

I got my interior panels from Quite Rides. They originally sent B3 / B4 door panels, which was the only pattern that they had. The later panels don't have the raised hump over the door handle.

P1030893.jpg

I contacted them about it and they offered to make the proper panels if I sent them my originals as patterns. I'm very happy with the end result. They even did the embossing.

P5021019.jpg

Edited by Merle Coggins

holes were on both sides for when someone ordered the optional passenger visor.

I'll snap a pic of my orignal panels and post it...no pleats, but embossed (B3/4 were different from B1/2).

Merle, how did they emboss yours?  When they did mine the didn't emboss them, but used a knife to create a line to mimic the emboss.  I'd love to see a closer up pic of the emboss,

17 hours ago, JaysonK said:

anyone have a picture of original interior for these trucks? . 

sorry, I've posted this before but it makes me laugh, although the seat was recovered by the PO..... the only thing I've had a problem with is the really THIN visor! the sun has to be in just the right spot to work! :D (sure glad i live in Oregon where it's not needed most of the time)

interior.JPG.a231bc4183d8593a110db637a7172300.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

sorry, I've posted this before but it makes me laugh, although the seat was recovered by the PO..... the only thing I've had a problem with is the really THIN visor! the sun has to be in just the right spot to work! :D (sure glad i live in Oregon where it's not needed most of the time)

interior.JPG.a231bc4183d8593a110db637a7172300.JPG

That is very thin....I'm not sure I will need visors inside as I have the Fulton visor that takes care of most of my sight issues including seeing the stop light...lol

What about the Four Door ? I found a COE / Cab Forward, May buy it   -  if Ruth Approves parking our driver in the street lol. Charlie Stephenson.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be glad to help you with interior questions.  I have patterns for the Headliner.

Also, the sun visors were options.  The passenger side bracket for the sun visors is usually hard to find.  The driver's side is a bit more common and easier to find.

Your door panels were rectangular and did not have a hump on the top edge.  The hump style stopped in 1950.

www.pilothouseinteriors.com

1 hour ago, jcnida52 said:

I'd be glad to help you with interior questions.  I have patterns for the Headliner.

Also, the sun visors were options.  The passenger side bracket for the sun visors is usually hard to find.  The driver's side is a bit more common and easier to find.

Your door panels were rectangular and did not have a hump on the top edge.  The hump style stopped in 1950.

www.pilothouseinteriors.com

DCM has visors now, driver and PASSENGER

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

DCM has visors now, driver and PASSENGER

Someone else told me that too, but the original hardware is harder to come by.  Dodge did not produce as many passenger side visors as driver side visors.  If after market is ok with the purchaser then DMC's visors are probably a good deal. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, JaysonK said:

Okay last question for today, anyone have a picture of original interior for these trucks? My truck is missing he headliner and I do not believe the door panels are correct. I have read that some Job Rated trucks only had one sun visor, it looks like my truck has holes for two but do not know if that is original. 

I'd be happy to send you a headliner pattern-- free of charge.  Maybe it could be passed along to other club members after you make a tracing of it...

You could purchase panel boards from Miami Corp.--  easy to find on-line.   I'd recommend the black on one side and tan on the other side.   That's what I use for headliners.  It comes in sheets about 30" wide by 60" long.  Sheets cost about $13.00/sheet.   The black side is a baked-on finish and would look acceptable inside the cab.

The link I sent you earlier has pictures of Headliners.  I'd be happy to offer advice for assembly of the pattern pieces.

I make and sell interior components for these trucks, but I'm overwhelmed with orders.  If I could help you guys who are do-it-yourselfers I'd be happy to assist.  I wish to make no money at this offer...

jc

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

To:jcnida52

I'd like a pattern for the headliner. Will be happy to pass along or have members contact me- my neighbor does excellent part time upholstery work. I'd like to get my mine done and post pictures.So send me a private message and I'll send my address. Thanks and good day!

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, ggdad1951 said:

here ya go

2017-08-17 10.28.59.jpg

I am gonna go out on a limb and say the b3/4 "standard cab" (3 window) have a different embossing than the 5 window (shown above by ggdad1951)

IMG_1075.JPG.db8bc31917c2df8a7353e7a444eb2ed6.JPG

Both my b4d and b3hh (3window) have the exact same simple two line embossing 

just another small difference.... ("hate the game, don't hate the player"?... )

• Like 1

due to a power outage at my house last night am inclined to find another "limb" to go out on :)

reading "the dodge Bible" it appears even the 5 window used the same door card as I have shown on page 47

1407911134_DBbook.JPG.aeab1ab6eb2e2efda1f74cfa3e4adbef.JPG

so in fact, my new "limb" is the 51 (and maybe late 50) have the embossing ggdad1951 shows and the 52, 53 have the ones I have shown (along with the book).

this is only info for those trying to keep original, cause when it comes down to it at the end of the day, if your embossing isn't correct..... I am still goanna hang out with ya (if you'll have me) :D   

• Like 1

Sounds good,   Pretty confident the one on my b3hh is also stock. Neither of my 51's had the cards that is where I was giving FEFF the benefit ?

additional information - B4 original door panel

When in doubt, consult the manual:  according to the factory parts manual, the two B-3 door panels have a serial number break, some folks might call that a running change...the B4 has yet a different part number than the late B3, probably due to the color change from brown to red :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
revised information
  • Like 1