Parts Catalogs

mlozier76

A while ago I was at a Swap meet in the town I live in and somebody had some dealership "Streamliner Quick Reference" lists for 1947 and 1949.  I picked them up, kind of as an original reference format for my collection of technical enhancement material. I have a handful of varying manuals. Just putting it out there if anybody would like original part numbers or maybe a parts breakdown to aid in something you are working on.  These are parts related, not shop manuals, though I am keeping my out for Dealership Service manuals as well.  These types of things can provide loads of information, and I highly recommend picking them up when you see one available.  The reprints are good, but nothing beats an original dealership manual, as sometimes you find hidden gems in the form of handwritten cheats, speaking from personal experience, as I sell parts for heavy trucks, and still use good old paper almost daily, as quite a few of our customers have been driving the same truck for 30-40 years, well past the manufacturer selling out to larger enterprises. 

20170816_132234 (480x640).jpg

Edited by mlozier76
Added photo
  • Like 2

mlozier:  This is the same reason that I have been collecting the old cross reference catalogs on the various compnents such as suspensions water pumps fuel pumps miller tool speedometer cable autolite parts.  The more data that you have the easier it is to support your car and or truck especially when they are over 70+ years old.

Rich Hartung

• Like 1