heater question

garyp

Can anyone tell me if my 39 Dodge came with a heater or was it an option I can't find any mention of it in my manuals I am trying to find out where the 2 wires coming out of it goes any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Gary 

gARY I HAVE A FACTORY HEATER IN MY 39 dESOTO.  Most heater were installed by the dealer along with radio's and other accesories. One wire would be to a speperate heater control switch or knob that ran the blower motor.

Contact me and i will send you some pictures of the factory MoPar heaters

You need to stop by and look at my 39 becasue it is the sister car to your 39 Dodge I have a lot of factory dealer sheets and accessory sheets and dealer special instruction and dealer bulletin for 38 and 39.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

Thanks guys Rich I would like to stop down and see you and your car how is next week for you let me know. My heater has 2 wires coming out one to the switch and the other is I assume the ground but my books have no info on it.  Gary 

Gary, on my '39  Dodge one wire goes to a switch that clamps on the bottom of the dash, the other goes to ground. Did you figure out your shift cable? Was going to get you a picture of mine, but forgot. Seems like that happens a lot these days.

Edited by Mike36
  • Like 1

Thanks Mike that's how I hooked them up hopefully its the same as yours. I am going to dive into the linkage hookup today and see if I can figure it out if you would send a pic that would be great thanks for the help. Thanks Gary