Country-Classic-Cars Burns down

Labrauer

Hope all of the cars that were on consignment were insured by an antique car insurance policy. What a lose of some great antique cars and trucks.  for some owners they might get more money for the car if they had a policy that had more coverage that what they could have sold the car to a new owner.  Heck of a way to get money for your car. This is where an agreed value car policy is need becsue if you agrred and the insurance carrier agreed to a specific price lets say 20000 and on the open market the car could only get 10000 then the owner gets the full 20k becasue of the car being totaled  vs regualr car insurance of a stated value inwhich like your regular car has a depreciation and as we know when we have old car they are worth notiging to a regular car ins company becasue they have no real blue book value its just a 50+ year old piece of metal .

So check your antique car insurance policy to mke sure that your car is covered for the full value if it ever got destroyed or stolen do not wait until a situation like this happens.

Rich HArtung

• Like 1

My Hagerty police says my cars have to be in my garage or in my view.  Maybe just being in A garage would qualify.  Perhaps these burnt cars wernt insured in this case.

Edited by dale
addition

9 hours ago, dale said:

My Hagerty police says my cars have to be in my garage or in my view.  Maybe just being in A garage would qualify.  Perhaps these burnt cars wernt insured in this case.

Dale: This why we should all contact our car insurance carrier to see if and when and when not our cars are covered by the insurance plan.

Rich Hartung 8/11/17 update

I contacted my Antique car Insurance carrier Grundy worldwide. They informed me that if i had my car in a garge or phycsilty that was a consignments shop they car would be fully covered for the amount that was agreed upon minius the comprehensive deduction so my car was valued at 20000 minus the $200 deductable for comprehension the they would pay me 19800.

The same is true if the car was even stored at an offsite gargae.  They did suggest that you always verify before putting hte car into a consignment facility and they also suggested that you get a copy of the consignments shop insurance policy to make sure that they have coverage on your car.

This is information that everyone needs to take heed of just to protect your investment.

rich Hartung 

Edited by desoto1939
  • Like 1

Curious as to whether or not any fine print details in auto insurance policies may be a cause for an insurance company to void coverage in such cases. :confused: 

stored out of doors...more than not would be a sticky wicket......stored indoors under lock and key they could argue you relinquished your control and thus void your out for lack of attention...again. could well be another sticky wicket....stored inside a facility undergoing repairs where getting it back home every evening is not possible...am sure there are provisions....I hate to be the poor souls testing their policy at this time....this could spike all us in a bad way as rates go up to compensate the loses.  I can see that happening now...

• Like 1

As the saying goes -The big print giveth, the small print taketh away...

I advise everyone to personally call their antique insurance car carrier to ask the appropriate coverage questions as to how their car or truck is covered when they have the car in a consignment shop or museum.  I did this immediately after the article was posted and Grundy Worldwide stated that my car would be covered. Prior to putting my car in a consignment shop I would get a copy and any statement in writing from the underwriters to clearly state your coverage.  DO NOT and I again say DO NOT assume anything alwasy get it in writing if in doubt.  Cover your posterior it is your investment and hard earned money.

If on a trip and your car is on a tour the car is covered becasue you are on a car trip.

Rich Hartung n Desoto1939@aol.com