Lowered pics?

ThriftyT

2 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

did you try looking online e using 'lowered 1940 Chrysler"  ???  you may be surprised at the images

Yea. Quite extensively actually, but most are bagged.   Or just pictures with no info.   I'm really trying to figure out axle to frame clearance issues with blocks above 3".    I'm planning on a 4" block with a quality stiff shock. 

ThriftyT    2

•  
  • ThriftyT
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • My Project Cars:1940 Chrysler Windsor Coupe. 27' T

Trying to make a decision.    I'm looking for pictures of lowered cars with blocks only on stock springs.  

3-4-5"???   

Thanks in advance fellas! 

sorry for the post but I read your first post as it was written..wanting to see pictures, not step by step instructions.......

Yea. Sorry.  Guess what I was thinking and typing were 2 different things.     Not looking for instructions I guess either.    Just past experience and how it looks.   If that makes sense. 

Edited by ThriftyT
  • Like 1

Used fatman dropped upright in front with a Detroit Eaton lowered coil spring and their 2 inch lowered rear leaf springs and then added a 1 inch lowering block. Watch out for floor pan clearance when lowering the rear to much. Mines about 3 inches lower than stock in rear and about 4 in front. Relocate the front shocks

image.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThriftyT said:

Maybe I shouldn't have asked for pictures.   

Yes.

Ask. Just because a few don't like it...they can just scroll on by.

The HAMB is great for photos but usually short on details.

There are others that do and have lowed their cars.

59 minutes ago, JOHN EDGE said:

Used fatman dropped upright in front with a Detroit Eaton lowered coil spring and their 2 inch lowered rear leaf springs and then added a 1 inch lowering block. Watch out for floor pan clearance when lowering the rear to much. Mines about 3 inches lower than stock in rear and about 4 in front. Relocate the front shocks

image.jpeg

I like the way you went about lowering your ride.  The right combo of parts.  I seem to remember a friend of mine from long ago, liked to use 4" rear blocks and a torch on the front to get "the stance".  Turned a mediocre handling car into a real pig.  I was no better....long shackles and coil spring spacers for that "gasser" look.  Looked good but a wild ride in a corner.  How we survived?  I still don't have a clue!

I would bet that your wagon handles nice....watch out for the speed bumps

1 coil lopped off the front, 2" blocks in the rear, bottom leaf removed from spring pack, saggy rear springs. 

Dont let the haters get to you, plenty of us lower / modify / hot rod their Mopars. 

Edit: 4" blocks would blow past your scrub line.  Better to go with lowered springs + a 2" block if you want it that low

Adam

IMG_0570.JPG

Edited by Adam H P15 D30
  • Like 2

We all took the easy inexpensive way out on doing lots of modifications.  I've got a 53 truck that's 3 inches off the ground- that I have to watch out for speed bumps

my 1950 Desoto- 3" lowering blocks in back, and 1.5 wrap of coils cut off front. :D:D

17447669306_9bbfa878df_k.jpg

17471762272_a401fc355d_o.jpg

• Like 2

Front has 1 coil cut and rear has 2" blocks, intention was to get new springs for the front & relocate the upper shock mount but ended up selling the car........rode o/k with the cut coil tho' was a bit rough..........maybe I'm showing my age but much lower to me looks like its scraping the chassis, layin' frame is too low.............lol...........andyd

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

2" block in the back with stock leafs, and  stock fronts in both of my P20 cars. A 3" block would cross that scrub line. Still considering posies lowering leaf springs so I can get that extra couple inches without worry about getting locked up on the road in case of a blowout.

IMG_1707.JPG

I'm not one of the haters but I wouldn't be comfortable with a car lowered to the point that the frame or part of the suspension would drag in case of a sudden flat tire. I lowered one of my non-Mopar cars a couple of inches with blocks but if I was doing it again I wouldn't lower it at all. I'm old enough to appreciate a car that sets up a bit. Makes it easier to get in and out of! ;)

• Like 3