Fire at Country Classic cars

Young Ed

Paul's cat is really racking up it's frequent flyer/fire miles!

What does it have against old vehicles??  :confused:

Paul ??

DJ

• Like 1

That's a shame. I sometimes look through their website and their prices aren't out of line but a lot of inventory wasn't moving. My brother and I were just talking about them a couple of days ago and the fact that old vehicles in general haven't been selling all that well lately. Hopefully there isn't a connection.

3 hours ago, pflaming said:

Cats have nine lives!  It's hard to believe he did not have a good fire prevention water sprayer system, evidently he did not. Sad. 

They do not have a fire hydrant within a mile, you're not going to have an ample plumbing supply for a sprinkler system.

We have picked up cars from this establishment. How sad and devastating this fire is. Had a customer call us from Holland this morning calling for parts for a 1934 Dodge 4 dr convertible. I asked what happened? He said a private collector with 50 cars lost all in a fire. His 75-year-old dad bought the car to bring it back to life.

5 hours ago, countrytravler said:

They do not have a fire hydrant within a mile, you're not going to have an ample plumbing supply for a sprinkler system.

We have picked up cars from this establishment. How sad and devastating this fire is. Had a customer call us from Holland this morning calling for parts for a 1934 Dodge 4 dr convertible. I asked what happened? He said a private collector with 50 cars lost all in a fire. His 75-year-old dad bought the car to bring it back to life.

I am also sad to hear of  a loss of old cars, whatever the cause - insurance even if covered can't bring back the memories and personal attachment to some of these old vehicles.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bobacuda said:

Hellcat.pdf

I think the culprit has been identified as a member of a travelling rockabilly band!

that makes two strike against it, first being a flea bitten mangy cat and I would agree the pathetic caterwauling is on par with a rockabilly wailer who thinks what they do is somehow related to music let alone being the absolute failure at entertainment....tomorrow I will tell exactly what I think....:lol:

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I have never been there or know nothing about the place. Over on the H.A.M.B they are saying most  cars are private owners and for sale on consignment. Meaning the car owner would be responsible for their own car insurance.

I doubt was some kind of insurance fraud/scam going on because the market is down.

Bad news anyways you look at it.

10 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

to assume a down market and insurance payout ....that would take a major conspiracy among the consignees.....what are the odds that one link in that chain would not break easily....I speculate a legitimate accident, although maybe a stupid one....an accident nonetheless

You're probably right but I'm sure the fire marshals and insurance inspectors are thinking something fishy's going on, they always do. 

• 3 weeks later...

Even if some car owners have antique vehicle insurance in force, it still may not pay them.  One man was

quoted in an article I saw saying his policy only covered him if his car was in his own garage within his

sight.    I suppose some company offers blanket insurance for antique auto dealers and museums.   

(I did notice several 40s/50s Chrysler products in one video) 

Edited by BobT-47P15