Build Thread for our 47 Dodge Truck

Finally got our baby to the house today! Hopefully real soon my husband will be able to start bringing him  back to life. That way he can do once more what he was made to do and that's be the King of the road! Our Big Dukie reason being our last name is Nuqui (pronunciation is..... Nu-key) and it sounds like Dukie. Yes believe me we've heard the best of them. 

IMG_20170808_174755188_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170808_174722786_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 59bisquik said:

I can't wait to see more of this build. I absolutely love this body style!

We are actually going to leave the patina. It is going to be a little bit before my husband starts working on this one. We used all our parts money on buying and having it towed home. So we need to save up again to start building him up. But we will be keeping everyone updated. :D

• Like 1

This is not the way we are going with it. But we had to try on shoes since we have them laying around. But that is the stance we want. Lower in the front and higher in the back. 

IMG_20170809_123615411_HDR.jpg

Edited by 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 59bisquik said:

I like that stance. I would also find a stock bed and fenders. Widen the fenders out and made a cool dually pickup hotrod!

That was what my husband was just telling me an hour ago. Also keeping the patina not painting it. Also said maybe widen the bed 2 inches on either side.

Edited by 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 59bisquik said:

I like that stance. I would also find a stock bed and fenders. Widen the fenders out and made a cool dually pickup hotrod!

A stock bed would be a flatbed for that truck. You could maybe find a 9' box that could be made to work.

29 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

A stock bed would be a flatbed for that truck. You could maybe find a 9' box that could be made to work.

Well we are still undecided on what we are going to do. All we know is the stance and the patina is staying. We still need to decide on everything else. 

55 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Sorry... should of been more specific. I meant a stock 47 pickup bed and widen a set of fenders for the duals in the back. Never been a fan of flat beds.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 59bisquik said:

Sorry... should of been more specific. I meant a stock 47 pickup bed and widen a set of fenders for the duals in the back. Never been a fan of flat beds.

They are quite rare but they did make factory 9' beds for 1 ton duallies

• Like 1

I know the pic is not of a Dodge... But at one time I was considering a 47 2 ton dump truck as a second project. The pic below was what I had envisioned as the end result. Kind of a big 2 ton pickup like the Kodiaks or F650's of today, just lower.

3caf3e7861a3105d7803196984f46f88.jpg

Edited by 59bisquik
  • Like 1

Just now, Frank Elder said:

The last one is just because I like it....lol.

17884068_878083562334582_2206630020564037609_n.jpg

That is a biggie! 46-47 I believe 2.5 ton or 3. Unique flattened grill. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

I know the plate can't be read but just wanted to show that it does have it. It is a WFA-32 from what the plate says. 

Let me know if you want some specs

On 8/11/2017 at 0:21 PM, pflaming said:

Maybe someone with good eyes can read this.

IMG_0987.JPG

Sorry I didn't realize how blurry the picture was. I guess that is what happens when you are doing a million things at once. Hope this picture is better.

IMG_20170812_144013542.jpg

IMG_20170812_143932128.jpg

IMG_20170812_143402311.jpg.9d22dc961bfeab4a65b9d29519969a6f.jpgIMG_20170812_143255807.jpg.cf3beb82dcb374eae712921e1fd52948.jpg

Here I was able to clean out the can of the truck and found the clutch pedal, brake pedal is there and well as the gas pedal levers. Just need the actual gas pedal that connects to the levers.

Also I was able to straighten the kick panel. Not sure what it called but thats on the first pic.

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep the patina on the truck. I have noticed that everytime I touch the truck the rust comes off or looks as if it is being cleaned up.  So I actually need to know what steps I need to take before I shoot it with clear or how to go about keeping the look before it gets rubbed off by me just working on it. It has been pressured washed already so if someone can help me out it would be very helpful.