P19 front fender

Raul

Hello. I have a 1950 Plymouth business coupe deluxe P19. I want to know if there's a rubber, support, stud or bracket that join the front fender and the inner shield at the bottom. Or the inner shield and the body. Just to avoid movement.

The previous owner doesn't know.

Thanks

Raul

20170725_141400.jpg

Yes there is a support but the one on my '51 business coupe looks different than the one shown. Middle hole in the bottom of the fender is for the front of the rocker trim. Right hand hole should have a stud that screws into the body, comes through the fender and then uses a washer and nut to hold the bottom of the fender in place.

Cool!  I need two of those for my 47 DeSoto.  It looks like something I can make from flattening each end of a chunk of  EMT in a vise.   I used a turnbuckle to pull one of my fenders in line.  I'll make one of these the right length and substitute it for the turnbuckle. 

598b9b5158a8a_frontfenderatrockermolding(3).JPG.3b2e2cc629e9d6a80f8df0a6f6523388.JPG

• Like 1

Both my P-19 and P-20 have front fender braces.

I had all the P-19 front parts off the car and blasted,painted etc. but was several years between disassembly and put back together. Took several months of of/on looking to figure out where those two parts belonged. Maybe others in the past decided it was not really important when repairs were done, or never figured where they belong and just set aside and lost? ;)

DJ