1000 post

Todd B

When I made my last post on ID of the tool I realized that I am at 1000 post.  Don't seem possible,  big thanks to GTK and the support crew for this site.  I have made several friends through this site and don't know what I would do without it at times. In fact I am sitting next to my mom in the ICU right now. We had to make the decision today to take her off life support. It is exactly what she wanted and I am at peace with my decision. She is in gods hands now. 

Sorry to hear about Mom. As for making friends you're one of a very small group that I can say have been parked in front of my house! You might be the only one that can claim that for 2 diff trucks

I feel sorry for you, is tough choice to make, but the right choice. I went through same thing with my sister last September.

She was sick but doing ok, then test showed positive for lung cancer, they kept poking and said she had stage 5 brain cancer.

Just in 3 short weeks we went from laughing and joking, to pulling her off life support ... it was hard.

I felt somehow guilty and wanted to try more, but it was the right thing to do, she did not suffer and was her wishes.

I feel your pain

Tuesday I called her and I could immediately here it in her voice. She was having a stroke so I hung up and called 911. I followed the ambulance in the driveway and they transported her to the hospital than onto a bigger hospital. Thursday night they took part of her skull off to help with the blood and swelling. I think she new then that she wasn't going to come out of it.  My mom is 77 and can out work most men making firewood. Takes care of her own land and goes dancing at least once a week, usually polkas and don't miss a dance the entire time. 

Its tough to see her so helpless, but she has preached to us kids for 50 years that she never wants to be in this state.  

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, it might've a long night 

• Like 1

Todd, my prayers to you and your mom as well.

I hope it is not out of line and it may seem weird to say, but thanks for sharing..... sure puts things into perspective.

So sorry to see this about your mom.

I wish you and your family the best.

• 3 months later...

I'm so sorry about your Mom, Todd.......I've been MIA from the site because of changes in my day to day life.

I realize this is a late post, but you've always been a good online friend.....I hope the good memories always stay with you......

Here's to the next 1000 posts brother.

Tim aka 48Dodger 

• 2 weeks later...