What year and model of Plymouth was this?

medium_jon

It's a 35 or 36 Plymouth. Can't see enough of it to tell which. Same body, different fenders.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike36 said:

Can't see enough of it to tell which

Yeah, I should have taken more photos. It was in someone's yard with a for sale sign on it. No plates (not even a VA Antique exempt plate), so they haven't run it for awhile. 

with the rodding action taken upon it...it will appeal to a different crowd...not sure of the interior changes but with AC and more than not the implant of the auto tranny...shifter/console install may come into play....all depends on if it as finished truly caught your attention...I believe one could find a grille...

2 minutes ago, dpollo said:

It is a 36 Plymouth for sure....... with a phantom of the opera mask.

I thought it looked like someone hung turn signals on a shower curtain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dpollo said:

It is. The emblem on the trunk lid was placed on the 1936 model Plymouth's. The 1935 Plymouth sedans that featured trunks had no emblem on their lids. The grille on this car must go I'm afraid.

John R

• Like 1

I guess I shouldn't be so critical. I'm sure a grill for a 36 is pretty hard to come by these days. I like the looks of those cars alot, just think it would have been better with the original grill.

• Like 1

Looks like a model P2 Deluxe. The grills on these cars were not very sturdy. Most 36's I see have a replacement grill of some sort. 

17 hours ago, dpollo said:

LOL...  Boy ain't that the truth!  

Too bad it's small block chebbied!  Boo!  I have saved much worse cars.  And yes, I can spell Chevrolet, I just like to poke fun at this terrible trend.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, medium_jon said:

I don't know. @knuckleharley was going to call and find out. 

IMG_9735.JPG.ac7a8fe411e8010a89240b782ca103a6.JPG

I called ,left a voice message on his machine,and sent a text. Neither has been answered. It was after 10 PM when I called,so I am going to call again around 7 PM and see what happens.

4 hours ago, hkestes41 said:

About $1K would fix that scab. New Grill Insert

In 1967 I bought a new grill for my '36 Ply from JC Whitney. Cost me $29.95. Sometimes the "good ole days " really were.