On The Road Again (not by Willie Nelson)

Silverdome

All the cosmetic stuff is nice,but driving it is what it is all about,IMHO.

• Like 2

Your Plymouth looks great! Took the 36 down the road a bit yesterday too. Nothing like a short road trip to help identify the issues.

image.jpg

Edited by Ranger
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Your Plymouth looks great! Took the 36 down the road a bit yesterday too. Nothing like a short road trip to help identify the issues.

Not to mention inspire you to do more. They only become "real" once you can use them as actual cars or trucks. Prior to that they are just "projects",like the greenhouse or the pool you have planned for the backyard. Suddenly they are an ACTUAL CAR!

Next will be the painful move of making it immobile again so you can do more work to  it.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ranger said:

That's why we have winter!

Yeah,but sometimes winter ain't enough. I'm not taking my 51 coupe off the road until I have everything I can think of that I will need to redo and put it back together again on hand,sitting in my shop floor. Including new chrome and glass. Already done all the brake,suspension,fuel system,and cooling system work to make it a safe and reliable driver,so I'm driving it until I have all that stuff. No more of that off and on crap. Do it and be done with it.

I even have a brand new Auto Twirler rotisserie sitting there that hasn't even been put together yet. Caught them on sale and a buddy of mine wanted to buy one too,so we ordered them as one buy and save about 200 bucks each on shipping in addition to the sale price. Since I also have a 33 Plymouth coupe and a 42 Dodge coupe that will both need major lower body work,it wasn't hard to justify buying it.

Even then I won't take it off the road until I get my 31 Plymouth coupe back on the road. Since I already have all the parts I need to do that and basically redoing the brakes and flushing out the fuel system is all it needs,that won't be a big deal.

• Like 1

Glad to see you enjoying one of Plymouth's nicest models.   I have a long time MoPar  friend  in Bucyrus, Kansas.  I will be pleased to offer an introduction if that is anywhere near you. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind replies.

A little background on this car is in order. I inherited it from my father after his death many years ago. My wife always liked the car and the visor just as my dad did. I kept it running through the years but the brakes were always a problem. You'll notice the damage to the front left fender, that was a result of said brakes. I had run out of gas and my brother was towing me home when the brakes decided to go out. I had not driven it since that time about 10 years ago. Now that it is back on the road again it feels really good.

Ranger, that is a nice '36 and yes we have lots of trees in southeast Kansas.

Medium Jon, I'll have to give my wife the credit for the photos she has an eye for that sort of thing.

dpollo, I'm a couple hours south of Bucyrus, but it's always nice to hear of fellow Mopar owners in the area. Is he a member on this forum?

Knuckelharley, I've read and enjoyed lots of your comments and topics on here. My brother has a couple of '33 Plymouths that were my dads also that he has kept running and driving through the years too. 

• Like 1