The tool ID test

Dodgeb4ya

WINNER WINNER WINNER... the check is in the mail!

Brake Cylinder Piston remover and installer tool (9).JPG

Brake Cylinder Piston remover and installer tool (7).JPG

Brake Cylinder Piston remover and installer tool (2).JPG

Brake Cylinder Piston remover and installer tool (8).JPG

• Like 1

as they say, thank you Paul Harvey...we now know the rest of the story....but answer me this...have you always used one of these or just found a unique new tool for your inventory.  I must admit I have never ever thought of a tool just for brake cylinders outside that of the hones......

was a learning experience

I just got it.

I have never seen or heard of this tool or of anything like it.. It works pretty slick too.

This tool was made for the mechanics back in the days when you rebuilt the W/cylinders on the car. It's not too easy to pop all the pistons out so this tool idea came up.

Back when these cars we like were new the owners and mechanics didn't spent days doing /painting the brakes.

They had to get em done in less than a day and I suppose this tool speeded things up a bit to make more profit and make it easier for the mechanic to get his job done faster.

I use a pair of snap ring pliers to remove unstuck pistons...air or grease to push out stuck pistons.

I now always re-sleeve now days.---even new replacement cylinders foe the elimination of corrosion W/DOT 3 or 4 and Silicone 5 too.

Wheel Cylinder Piston Tool.JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 2

Like you guys i always used air or grease to pop them out and either grease,Vaseline, or assembly goo to install them back in. I suppose the tool could help to eliminate nicking the rubber seal when installing it resulting in having to re do the job.