Welding cart

Plymouthy Adams

I have had to roll my welding cart outside a couple times and while it was smooth and easy in the shop, in the yard it was complicated, bulking and just no fun.  So bought a cart at HF, yes it is not top of line stuff but for the average home use does fairly well.  I am more than pleased with the way it is built, the ease in which it rolls and the hanging accessory box across the back.  BUT I have to rate them less than "any given forethought" to the manner in which you secure the bottles.   For 44 dollars and pneumatic wheels...I am still pleased...have done a work around on the securing the bottles...will address it a bit later with a mod Ihave in mind.  All in all it will work out fine.  

image_11363.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

I think it's a great idea Tim. I don't like to weld in my basement, I really worry about fire hazards.

I weld in the main shop primarily.  Constant fire watch, prep goes a long way here removing undercoating and rigging heat shields.  You need always be watchful.  Would not be a bit hard to burn a shop/house to the ground not taking this work seriously.   My recently acquired fan will evac the entire shop quick and easy also.  We had a couple days here for some reason with low humidity and I took advantage of the fact and rolled the cart out to the barn where the 62 Polara 500 is parked and was able to complete the floor pan repairs on the passenger side and fabricate a pan for the drivers foot well and get it almost finished welding in and then the rain moved back into the area.  Like using the bead roller when making my pans...does a nice job, little clumsy for one person user but still a workable unit.  Had it for a long time...just never had it set up for access.  

Wow, good thought. that is a lot cheaper than the  25' of extra hose I put on my set. While I can reach just about anywhere in my shop, that "off roading" does chew up those wheels. 

We just got harbor freight here in town almost a year ago. When they first opened it was hard to get in. I thought well it will die down after the initial rush but the place still stays packed.  As mentioned it's not top shelf stuff but sometimes they have just the doodad you need to get you by. 

I was looking for an engine brush kit last week, none of the auto parts stores had em but they did. I'm still looking for a brass bristled white wall brush. They've become hard to find.