Remembering forum members who have passed on

This subject came up in another thread but it got me to thinking this deserves its own thread. Over the years we have lost several forum members. Three come to my mind but I am sure there are others. Feel free to add the names of any you recall.

Norms Coupe aka driveway Norm tops the list. Norm and I did a lot of bantering over the years but he was a very good friend and I sure miss his postings.

normmarylisadon.jpg

Norman Baker is another. He really enjoyed his P-15.

000_0518.jpg

John Burke. John built his flathead powered hot rod from the ground up.

jb11.jpg

• Like 2

What was Norman Bakers screen name? What about Pizza Frank? I know there is one from the truck side too but his name isn't coming to me.

8 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

What was Norman Bakers screen name? What about Pizza Frank? I know there is one from the truck side too but his name isn't coming to me.

I think his original screen name got lost in the last forum upgrade. I found him using

Guest Nelsons Ply

He always spoke of blowing the soot out of his engine so I did a search for blow soot.

I forget about Pizza Frank. Thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, Merle Coggins said:

Ed, I think you may be remembering Dave Erb, a.k.a. Greybeard. Another good one lost...

Yup thats it!

• 9 months later...
20 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Oh man, worry to hear that.....spoke with Christopher a few time when he was active on the forum....the man made excellent cherry wood handle BBQ tools....

I have some of his handiwork.

Christopher.jpg

• 4 months later...

What was the name of the frequent contributor from Loveland Colorado.  He had  a good old car partially deconstructed in his backyard last I saw it almost 10 years ago.  He lovingly called it "Pigiron".  I met he and his wife on that trip.  Maybe he is still here but have missed him.  GREAT guy!!!

Should have searched first talk second,,,his name was Randroid.

Edited by Grdpa's 50 Dodge

That be Randy  St.John and his wife I think he referred to as Lady Lynn...    I used to hear from him on the phone now and again....been quite a spell...I should call him....he was supposed to get me a listing for his Plymouth so I could post it  here for him.  

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 7 months later...

Lost another one. I just found this.  Allnutt Funeral Service – Loveland Raymond “Randy” St. John, May 30, 2018 Cremation to take place. No services will be held at Randy’s request. Visit Tribute Send Flowers

We were traveling through Colorado with my brother and wife in 2013. We were making a day trip through Randy's neck of the woods and throgh forum pm and phone, we made arrangements to meet him and his lady wife at a big tourist restaurant for a late breakfast. Just as we pulled into the parking lot, we got a call from Lynn that they had to cancel as some unexplained difficulty prevented their coming. Never heard from him after that.  Does anyone know what became of the copy of his book that was circulating among forum members??

Edited by greg g

7 minutes ago, greg g said:

Does anyone know what became of the copy of his book that was circulating among forum members??

I started circulating that book with a note to read and pass to another forum member. Someone failed to pass it on. It was a very funny book.

51bqqpnluiL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Still available through Amazon for $4.99. If I recall the plot revolved around hidden gold at an old resort hotel, with a sub plot of civil disobedience concerning basketballs and the local water treatment plant.

Edited by greg g

3 hours ago, greg g said:

We were traveling through Colorado with my brother and wife in 2013. We were making a day trip through Randy's neck of the woods and throgh forum pm and phone, we made arrangements to meet him and his lady wife at a big tourist restaurant for a late breakfast. Just as we pulled into the parking lot, we got a call from Lynn that they had to cancel as some unexplained difficulty prevented their coming. Never heard from him after that.  Does anyone know what became of the copy of his book that was circulating among forum members??

Don passed it to me, I read it and passed it on to you, who did you pass it forward?    Like a certain item in the book, it may be hidden in plain sight ?

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this old thread.  I was doing some searches for info on this site and found something of interest posted by James Curl, so I sent him a PM.  Didn't hear anything for a few days, so I looked at his profile to see when the last time was that he had gotten on the forum, and it was some time in 2016.  So then I did a Google obituary search and I found an obit for someone by that name, shortly after the last time he logged onto this site, and it was a Texas obit, and in one or two of his posts, he had said he lived in Texas.  So I'm pretty sure that was him.  Another sad loss....  Just figured it was appropriate to recognize him and to let you all know, if you didn't already know.