Best work place pranks

Flatie46

Working on an air medical helicopter, we were in Nomex flights suits and leather boots. Working 24 hours, down time was much like firefighters with naps, TV watching, cooking, etc., often stripped down to gym shorts and flight gear was often left at work for the next shift.

One hot summer day, one of our medics loaded up the boots of of a co-worker with a packet of blue kool-aid in each boot. It ended up being a busy flying day and he was in his boots, sweating,  all day long. Pulled his feet out to find them stained indelibly blue - he left for a beach vacation the next day.

John

• Haha 2

A few weeks ago, the engineering team was headed out to our Friday ritual of lunch together, this time being my turn to drive and we were headed to a top notch local pizza joint.  I typically park further away from the ofc entrance, but one of the welders has an almost identical Ram 1500 that he parks within spitting distance to the door.  Our millennial mfg engineer has a tendency to overlook details, and so as the group was exiting the building, he called shotgun so I walked towards the welder's truck and held up the fob in a hand motion to unlock the doors...the whippersnapper looked confused as the rest of us were walking away from that truck chuckling while he unsuccessfully attempted to open the shotgun door, then he sees my truck parked in my usual spot 50 feet away, with lights flashing as I unlocked them doors remotely...I then pointed out that he was disqualified from riding shotgun for attempting to get into the wrong truck, and he felt shame...briefly...then sucked it up and devoured 2 slices of pepperoni that were each as big as his face, so he got over it :D

starting a night tour typically the outgoing and incoming shifts talk about events

there is always coffee, cookies, cakes 

so this night tour the pickings were slim except for this one shiny chocolate covered finger type cookie

naturally that's the one i picked 

had coffee set up my seat first bight got a mouthful of dirty sponge water yes it was a dirty sponge 

start of a good night tour

• 4 months later...

I worked in the print shop of Control Data. We had 9 ATF Chief 17 Offset printing Presses. Each one had a number marked on the water bottle. You could put 5000 sheets of paper in the feeder at one time. There was a Vacuum & air pump for the feeding of the paper. 2 sucker tubes would pick up the sheet and send it down the registration table where it was printed and deposited into the delivery tray which also could hold 5000 sheets if needed. The guy next to me was Roger, he was a bit slow and I would help him out where I could. I found that I enjoyed fixing these machines more than running them to the annoyance of the manager who's job it was and I did a better job. Roger one day was having problems getting a sheet of paper to pick up by the suckers. In 2 hours he had not gotten 1 sheet to print. I offered to help him and he barked at me, "You worry about your press and I will worry about mine"! The fix was an easy one where the sucker tubes had to be rotated slightly down to make contact with the paper. After 2 hr of Roger doing nothing he went to brake. I then moved his sucker tube so the machine would work. When he came back I said, " I shouldn't help you because of the way you spoke to me but I will anyways. Your problem is the number on your water bottle is not facing forward". He didn't believe me. I said run your machine. He did and it ran perfectly. I then said, "If I turn the bottle it will stop feeding". and it did when I turned it back it worked again. I did this several times and every time it would not work when I turned the Bottle. I really thought he would bit but no he did not. To my amazement he had to run the back side of this paper. Now the paper was curl up and the sucker tubes would have to be moved. He did not know this so he played around for another hour trying this and trying that to no avail. He then say down totally dejected and frustrated and in stead of asking me for help he went to his water bottle and started turning it. I GOT YA! There was a switch in the delivery that when the tray would lower to its max it would hit this switch and turn off the pump. I merely stepped on it as I turned the bottle to stop the feeding and released it to start up again.