Clips for exterior moldings

furby714

Hi i bet people have asked this question dozens of times but can some one give me directions of to where i can get clips for the exterior moldings of my 49 plymouth i need m for the fenders and the gravel gaurds as well thanks in advance 

Jose

Restoration Specialties is just one company you may contact...1-814-467-9842....many here take it upon themselves to use generic alternative fasteners in both nylon and metal.  there is one fastener that you can shape and alter in such a fashion to mimic an great variety of special clips.  

9 minutes ago, librado65 said:

Anybody else have any other places you've purchased clips from? I need some now. Mines were rusted and some I lost during my move to new home. 

E Bay.

On a 47 Plymouth front fender stainless trim, the threaded stud is "off center" to one side (up and down) , as I

recall.  I don't know if a Dodge used the same thing or not.  If you don't use the correct clip, your trim is not in

exactly the correct place.  Hope that makes sense.  Some of those trim clips that can be modified by the user may work OK.

I found this pic in my online album.....I think this is the original, correct one for the front fender

P15 stainless trim.

100_5323.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15