Timing to retarded or not.

1 hour ago, greg g said:

Let em click, better a bit loose and noisey than quiet and too tight.

Ya but I'm the type of person that it will drive me crazy. But I can't do anything till next year anyways. I need to stop buying stuff for this truck and actually start eating. Lol start to become a addiction I will by the new coil next month and that will be it. My everyday vehicle os starting to suffer. Winter is coming 

If you call Pertronix ask them if you Need a resistor in the setup. Many do Not want or need a resistor on them, but need a full 12 volt. Sometimes it depends on the coil used - I think---;).

DJ

Ok so I took truck for good drive tonight. About 20 miles. Everything worked out except idle became a little high at the end when I took it out of gear and it was leaking a bit of oil from either end of the pan. Not sure if I tightened pan tight enough or not. Anyways seems like the electronic ignition is doing it's thing.

I believe what I used, and carry in the truck, is Super Lube. It's a synthetic Teflon lube. I was out of town at a WPC meet when it got so bad that I had to do something.  I went looking for a hardware store to find something. I found small store and that's what they had available. I sprayed down the joints and my sticking throttle problem disappeared. I then discovered that my idle was too low when warm and I had to adjust it up a bit.

9793df5f-99f0-4a71-8e63-dfddb88ea17a_100