10,000 Lakes Concours d'Elegance

ggdad1951

well kids, I applied and was accepted to the local Concours show.  FEF will be on of 20 vehicles in his class.  I'll make sure to post pictures after the show this Sunday.  I have to leave my house at 4AM to get to my load in time...erf!  Funny thing is I bet I'll be one of the few that actually DRIVE to the show (lots of worry about "rig parking" in the literature)!  Wish me luck, my first official judging!

• Like 7

NICE! good luck indeed

break out those 50's shorts and flip flops!  "The top three participants who choose to wear period clothing reflecting the era of their car, boat or motorcycle will win a prize" :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John-T-53 said:

First ever B series Dodge in a Concours?

Make sure the underside of your dizzy cap is clean, also no rocks in the tire treads, lol!

Good luck bro!

oddly it seems they don't check under the hood from the description of the judging?!?  I'll clean the engine compartment regardless, but I AM driving about 1.5 hours to get there...

On July 25, 2017 at 1:56 PM, ggdad1951 said:

oddly it seems they don't check under the hood from the description of the judging?!?  I'll clean the engine compartment regardless, but I AM driving about 1.5 hours to get there...

That is odd. seems like it would be like a food critic not tasting the food!  Or going to the Dr. for a physical and only paying the co pay. LOL

Well, your truck made the Channel 5 news at 5:30 PM, ok not the entire truck, but a very close up of the Rams head hood ornament

and the Dodge Letters on the side of the hood, and the Red back ground for both shots.  Hope you were awarded better for your efforts.

Dennis

My wife and I were in the area but I used up all my vehicle credits making the run up there for a transmission. Maybe next year we'll make it to the show.

51 minutes ago, plyroadking said:

My wife and I were in the area but I used up all my vehicle credits making the run up there for a transmission. Maybe next year we'll make it to the show.

what were you swooping out from under us? And why didn't you bring me that 55 :)

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

what were you swooping out from under us? And why didn't you bring me that 55 :)

Stumbled upon an overdrive transmission up there. I sold the 55 several months ago and replaced it with a 50 dodge. Thought about hitting you up but we only went to Hastings to meet the guy with the trans at the power show at the little log house place.

Sadly I did not place.  The Pontiac next to me took first in class.  Oddly the guy lives less than a mile from my house!  Second place went to a blue 54 or so Chebby truck.  All the vehilces there were wll done.  Judging was odd, 30-45 seconds max at each vehicle, a quick walkaround and an opinion formed and moved on...really odd judging the "style" and "elegance" of a vehicle.

meanwhile some pictures of some MoPaR things I saw....

2017-07-30_06_19_15.jpg

2017-07-30_11_30_21.jpg

2017-07-30_11_30_08.jpg

2017-07-30_11_24_02.jpg

• Like 1

On August 2, 2017 at 10:57 AM, ggdad1951 said:

Oops forgot about the restored UTE!  Sadly it seems I forgot to snap.a picture... :(

What a tease! :P