Carter B&B carburetors type help all this forum please.

No video.I would like to know the differences between for example: E7T2 is the type for 251 cid engine,E7U2 is for .... engine,D6G1 is for....engine......If possible with their air horn,body and throttle body numbers.Thanks.Regards.

Oh man when I first got my truck I bought a few gasket kits and none was correct. I ended up making my own paper gaskets and even a leather one for the plunger.

I got her running well but the progressive carb I have off of langdon's website starts up like a fuel injected car and has the best drivability out of an aftermarket carb I've ever used.

Sorry I don't have better ball&ball info. If you search my username radarsonwheels and ball & ball you could quite possibly run into some of my forum hunts from back then- you might find some leads that way. Good luck in your search and sorry I wasn't more help- I don't think I was hip to this incredible knowledge base here yet back then though!

Based on a Carter Service Manual PDF that I have:

E7T1, E7T2 is for a Dodge truck 1950-1958 1/2T through 3T looks to be multiple engines, single carb

E7T2 is also listed as a sub for 1942-1949 trucks (251ci)

E7U1, E7U2 is for a Dodge truck 1942-1952 2-3/4T through 4T Dual carb on the BIG motors (307ci, 331ci, 377ci)

I don't have anything on the D6G1...

I've been looking for a compiled reference just like you, but I have not found it. I do have some specific info that I could post, but its just too much to post it all at this time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HotRodTractor said:

Based on a Carter Service Manual PDF that I have:

E7T1, E7T2 is for a Dodge truck 1950-1958 1/2T through 3T looks to be multiple engines, single carb

E7T2 is also listed as a sub for 1942-1949 trucks (251ci)

E7U1, E7U2 is for a Dodge truck 1942-1952 2-3/4T through 4T Dual carb on the BIG motors (307ci, 331ci, 377ci)

I don't have anything on the D6G1...

I've been looking for a compiled reference just like you, but I have not found it. I do have some specific info that I could post, but its just too much to post it all at this time.

Then send to my e-mail  jipemb42@gmail.com

2 hours ago, Fernando Mendes said:

Then send to my e-mail  jipemb42@gmail.com

Which carb do you want specifics on? Not everything I have is digital. If you let me know what specific carb, I'll post up/email you everything I have on it.

1 hour ago, HotRodTractor said:

Which carb do you want specifics on? Not everything I have is digital. If you let me know what specific carb, I'll post up/email you everything I have on it.

Carter B&B M9-1 E7T2(remanufactored) I bought  in ebay months ago for my Dodge PU B3-B.

7 hours ago, The Oil Soup said:

I have the following carbs, D6G1  D6H2  DTE1(2)  ETT1  E7T2. They all appear nearly identical and the parts are interchangeable, how do they differ? Jetting, cfms, etc? I plan on running a dual manifold using the DTE1 carbs.

Ultimately - I would love to have a document that could easily be searched that would tell you the exact differences between the carbs. I don't have everything for every carb, some carbs I have more information on than others, and even then I am learning more and more as I dig.

By the way - if anyone out there has information on the jet sizes, part numbers, through holes, etc... I would LOVE to get my hands on it.

Back to your question, I don't have a ton of time tonight, but I will try and give you some info that I know. Here is the information on the DTE1 carbs - you can then compare it to the above E7T2 information. You'll notice that

DTE1-DTE2.JPG.b140457e12b531dd6b0d45d637b986a3.JPG

5977eeea35950_DTE1-DTE2parts.JPG.f4138facc9b2f74d0c1ff34f058f1730.JPG

Below - I have the information for the EK91 and E9Y1 carbs - these were used on the factory dual carb manifolds on the 25" engines. I'm providing these as another point of reference for you to compare to. I plan to get a lot more familiar with these carbs and carb tuning in the future as I get my truck dialed in as a daily driver.... but I need to get my truck assembled first! lol

E9K1-E9Y1.JPG.4a41e3a14359fc2b2d1518b23568cc6e.JPG

5977eee683f5e_E9K1-E9Y1parts.JPG.b4146a0722378ffb73bd5ecb9470a5f7.JPG

Take this information for what it is - information. This is years old and many things have changed included the gas we run through them - so you mileage may vary (pun intended). As you can see there are small differences in the carb bodies as well as the jetting. Again if anyone has any information about the dimensions of the jets I would be very interested - or if they can give me the test conditions where say "334cc per minute" is achieved that would work as well. (fluid used, pressure)

• Like 2

Hello HotRodTractor.Today I saw the throttle valve number of my E7T2 carburetor(remanufactored) from ebay and its number is 2-100.The correct is 2-87.What kind of problem can I have?

21 hours ago, Fernando Mendes said:

Hello HotRodTractor.Today I saw the throttle valve number of my E7T2 carburetor(remanufactored) from ebay and its number is 2-100.The correct is 2-87.What kind of problem can I have?

16 hours ago, Fernando Mendes said:

....and its choke valve assembly is number 7-83,not what says your archive with number 7-1055.

I have no idea..... There might be minor differences that make them look different in appearance or it could be slightly different in function. Those might even be acceptable crosses done by Carter at a later date. My first question would be does the carb and linkage work on your engine as you would expect? Or are you having issues?

24 minutes ago, HotRodTractor said:

I have no idea..... There might be minor differences that make them look different in appearance or it could be slightly different in function. Those might even be acceptable crosses done by Carter at a later date. My first question would be does the carb and linkage work on your engine as you would expect? Or are you having issues?

No issues yet.I only bought the carburetor on ebay and I am studying it.I am running with a DFV brazilian carburetor since 1987.Thanks for your response.Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a new part, still everything is probably as old as your truck. I would put it in and try it... however I have the time to take it back off and rebuild it if it has problems. Most people like to do he work the first time... lol

• 5 weeks later...
On July 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM, HotRodTractor said:

By the way - if anyone out there has information on the jet sizes, part numbers, through holes, etc... I would LOVE to get my hands on it.

Hey HRT,  after doing some research online and tearing into my carbs the part number/ jet sizes are on the jets and the hole size is in the info you posted here. I'm looking for a 256 main jet and 149-41s step-up jet. I have a 317 main jet and 149-56s step-up jet for the E7T1/E7T2 carbs if anybody needs them.

• Like 1