Water in oil

Bullbar

Hey guys thanks for the acceptance . I recently purchased a  D2 dodge and discovered about a half pint of water in the bottom of the sump when I changed the oil to my displeasure . First thought is cracked block but other mopar friends say it will be a head gasket but how when there is no oil gallery's in the head . So how does water get from head to sump .has this been addressed in this forem before help please .

do an oil and filter change......be sure you get all the cross contamination out of the system best you can even if you use a kerosene flush...replenish the oil and monitor it.    condensation is quick to build in high humidity areas where short interval of engine running never attains the temp and duration of run to vaporize the condensates.

Car did come from a humid climate and was in storage for the last couple of years and only had a few runs so is plausible but seems to me to be a lot of water for condensation . It is a newly discovered problem so I will monnerter it and I hope your right. In the mean time if anyone else has had this problem I'm keen to here about it ,cheers.

Was it water? Or antifreeze (green)...

Did the car sit for a long time... say a couple years for condensation to occur in a high humidity situation?

I had a dodge truck engine with a water pump that dribbled coolant onto the front crank pulley  hub and it leaked past the worn front crank seal into the oil pan.

I pulled the pan to see it actually happen.

If just water was in the cooling system and it froze... maybe a cracked block I doubt it though as usually an external crack happens.

If the head gasket seeped over time the coolant can run down the cylinder wall past the rings and into the oil pan. And possibly into an Intake or Exhaust port.

Well I got a chance to take another look car has not been started for about 2 weeks since I changed oil and found water in the sump . Pulled dip stick and level gone up, open sump plug and get about 2 pints of water out . Looks like next step is to remove cyl head and hope to Christ it a bad gasket , funny thing is it seemed to run ok , no steam or water out exhaust that's what troubles me and lends me to think it's far more sinister . Geeze I hope I'm wrong as I don't really want to pull the engine.

I have had three head gaskets in three different flathead 6 Mopar vehicles go out over the years.  All three got water in the oil.  You would see white smoke (steam) when the gasket blew, they would spit water with the exhaust, and the oil on the dipstick would look like curdled milk. 

4 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

I have had three head gaskets in three different flathead 6 Mopar vehicles go out over the years.  All three got water in the oil.  You would see white smoke (steam) when the gasket blew, they would spit water with the exhaust, and the oil on the dipstick would look like curdled milk. 

That's what worries me I too have done a head gasket on a flatty before ,between no3&4 and it all came out the exhaust this one is differant no steam out exhaust