Door weatherstripping

be sure you are at the top of the forum and not locked within your own thread or that of another person.....it is a good time to learn to search....pays great dividends as you can usually get an answer without waiting for someone to grab a camera and run to the garage...download and then paste to reply...if you find it elsewhere maybe you could take the time to post that link

Hey -

ggdad posted a great video that I bookmarked years ago. I still have the bookmark, but can't seem to get the video going. The link is:. http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/ggdad1951/media/20130516_153226_zps3e8f2119.mp4.html

Maybe others will have better success in playing it. I'll have to try on a real computer. Sometimes the iPad doesn't get it done.

- Bob

45 minutes ago, BobB said:

Hey -

ggdad posted a great video that I bookmarked years ago. I still have the bookmark, but can't seem to get the video going. The link is:. http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/ggdad1951/media/20130516_153226_zps3e8f2119.mp4.html

Maybe others will have better success in playing it. I'll have to try on a real computer. Sometimes the iPad doesn't get it done.

- Bob

Photobucket has screwed all its users.  I'll get the video link fixed when I'm back in town tomorrow.

I would take some pics of the weather stripping in my B1B for you to reference but it would be of no help to you because what is there isn't original nor is it in the same places as the OEM weatherstripping was. I think the person I bought my truck from got it at Ace Hardware.  :P  Im thankful for it though. It keeps and has kept the weather out and thats what counts. Its all going to be removed when I paint the truck . I will be buying and installing the right weatherstripping as well as new glass for it.

John  

Edited by John Rogers

12 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

Photobucket has screwed all its users.  I'll get the video link fixed when I'm back in town tomorrow.

THANKS SO MUCH !!

ive kept that link for several years with confidence that I could do it right with your video as a go by - great video.  I'll be on the lookout.

Appreciate your putting it up again.

- Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I totally appreciate your reposting this video. Yours looks to me one of the best installs I have seen yet. Others I have seen put all the weatherstripping on the door. I didn't think that was right though, I remember stripping paint from my truck and all of the trouble I had getting rubber off of the door frames. Was there a particular vendor you got your weather stripping from?

Edited by johnsartain

11 hours ago, johnsartain said:

I totally appreciate your reposting this video. Yours looks to me one of the best installs I have seen yet. Others I have seen put all the weatherstripping on the door. I didn't think that was right though, I remember stripping paint from my truck and all of the trouble I had getting rubber off of the door frames. Was there a particular vendor you got your weather stripping from?

yah, my truck was bone stock and I've had many cabs and doors go thru so I knwow where things go!

I got my stripping from Steele