Steering parts nomenclature and availability?

Howdy

I've been posting a lot lately- thanks to all here for the help and patience.

I'm getting ready to re-install my axle whenever it's done at the machine shop and I've purchased tie rod ends so I can set my toe with all new parts. 

Most of my experience is with muscle car era stuff so I might have the names wrong for the parts I have here. 

So the knuckles/spindles have a bracket bolted to them- the driver's side connects to the  steering box's arm- what is this connection called and how/where do I buy new ball joint/rod end spherical bushing links for it?

Then there is the long rod that connects the driver's side spindle to the passenger side. It gets it's length adjusted to set toe. In a muscle car it'd be the drag link but since there's no pitman or idler here I am willing to admit I know nothing.

In conclusion- where do I get new wear parts inbetween the  steering box and the driver's knuckle, and what is everything called?

thanks and sorry for the kindergarten questions

Kevin

35 minutes ago, Radarsonwheels said:

So the knuckles/spindles have a bracket bolted to them- the driver's side connects to the  steering box's arm- what is this connection called and how/where do I buy new ball joint/rod end spherical bushing links for it?

I believe that would be considered the drag link. I put in a search on google and purchased a new one for less than $100 or I remember correctly.

here is a link for one, eBay might be a bit less.

http://fcrcmachine.com/rare-parts-drag-link-1954-1960-dodge-trucks-25655/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc

35 minutes ago, Radarsonwheels said:

Then there is the long rod that connects the driver's side spindle to the passenger side. It gets it's length adjusted to set toe

That should be the tie rod. I have not seen a replacement out there for this. Mine was slightly bent and I didn't feel comfortable just straightening it. I built a new one out of .250 wall DOM tubing and weld in bungs.

Edited by 59bisquik

I went ahead and bought a nos moog piece off ebay for $100. 

In my experience with modern vintage replacement parts the originals lasted 30 years and the new ones last a year if you're lucky. At least that's true with anchor motor mounts for 70s dodges.

The most expensive moog USA product line seems to hold up well but even the brand name imported parts look like junk nowadays.

An extra $30-40 is cheap piece of mind for me- buy once cry once isn't too hard at $100.

Thanks fellas for the help knowing the names of what I'm looking for!