What year Chrysler Windsor is this?

medium_jon

It's a 1950 Windsor six cylinder car.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, medium_jon said:

Thanks @Dodgeb4ya. My son thought the front fenders were very similar to our P20. I looked underneath and thought the oilpan looked familiar. 

So,are you going to buy it? Looks like a solid "driver quality" car to me if the price is right. Anybody that buys it had better figure on adding a gas tank,gas lines,and complete brake job that includes new lines and hoses to the buying price before they can drive it,though. If any of it has been done recently that is always a pleasant surprise that frees up money you can budget for tires,exhaust,etc,etc,etc,but you just can't go wrong budgeting for those items from the beginning.

19 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

So,are you going to buy it?

No. I've got enough projects on my P20 to keep my son and me busy. However, if I was going to buy another car it would be a DeSoto (my son loves the heavy grills) or a PilotHouse (I could use a truck).

I was just curious about this because of the back window. I figured you more knowledgable people would be able to ID it. 

I have no idea what the dealership is going to do with it. It is a very eclectic place. They move a lot of BMWs, MBs, and Porches through there. But odd stuff too. I've seen a McLaren and ambulances on the lot. They currently have a very old Triumph convertible in the showroom. 

29 minutes ago, medium_jon said:

They currently have a very old Triumph convertible in the showroom. 

An excellent place for it.

Then again,anywhere but MY place is a good place for it. The Sprites weren't too bad,but the TR's and older ones were a nightmare in every respect.

On 7/19/2017 at 10:22 AM, keithb7 said:

What is the asking price for the Windsor

@keithb7 : It isn't for sale. That dealership also apparently does some repair/service work. Supposedly the 1950 Windsor belongs to someone. It doesn't run and the owner of the car, who is friends with the service manager, had the car towed there to get it running. My guess is that the Windsor has been sitting somewhere for a long time. I think I saw the mileage at 33K. Hopefully, the owner will drive it when he gets it back. And I hope the service manager/crew knows what they are doing with it. :rolleyes:

I would bet the service manager and crew are not sure what and how to do much with it!

The tech's probably don't know much about points and carburetors let alone Lockheed brakes and M-6 transmissions with a Fluid coupling and bellows seals.:D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I would bet the service manager and crew are not sure what and how to do much with it!

The tech's probably don't know much about points and carburetors let alone Lockheed brakes and M-6 transmissions with a Fluid coupling and bellows seals.:D

Let's not forget the parking brake:

IMG_9510.jpg.c75a9ba4847765da0c2d1bf2b6c090f8.jpg

4 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

This is true and it's sad because it often leads to a drive train swap that usually didn't need to happen.

• Like 1