Westach 6V Tach With Pertronix

Polsonator2

Is anyone using a positive ground 6V Westach tachometer with a pertronix setup?  I was able to use it with my points system but cannot get it to work with my pertronix setup.  Both Westach and Pertronix support were not able to help.  I recall seeing other members post here that they got it to work but did not indicate how they wired it.

Thanks 

Polsonator2 

Edited by Polsonator2
Typo

Merle,

I wired it the same way but the car won't turn over. As soon as I disconnect the tach she fires right up.  I have also tried grounding the tach directly to ground and negative wire to the negative side of the coil, which goes to the pertronix unit.  Same thing, car won't start with it connected.

Polsonator2 

Thanks William! I will try backwards. And you have both tach wires connected to the coil? And negative post connected to wire going to pertronix wire (one that is grey with white stripe)?  Are you using a standard coil or the pertronix flamethrower coil? 

Thanks William! I will try backwards. And you have both tach wires connected to the coil? And negative post connected to wire going to pertronix wire (one that is grey with white stripe)?  Are you using a standard coil or the pertronix flamethrower coil? 

Tried backwards and still same issue. Unhook from coil, car fires right up. Are you guys hooking both wires directly to the coil? How are you getting the car to start? When I talk to the pertronix rep he says that i should not hook up to the coil.  Is there another way you guys are doing this? 

Edited by Polsonator2
Typo