Easiest Way To Cut Welding Cable

Bingster

15 minutes ago, Bingster said:

I bought some welding cable to make new battery cables.  I'd like to make a clean cut.  Anybody have a technique?

Preferred method is to use cable cutting pliers (special jaws).

Next best, wrap the area to be cut with masking tape to prevent fraying, and hold in a vice. Use a cutoff wheel (in an air die grinder, or second best an electric hand-held grinder) to make the cut.

Third best, would be to use a sharp hack saw after wrapping the area with tape as above.

• Like 2

harb--- freight has cable cutting pliers that work good for copper cable. I think I only paid $6.99 for 'em. 

Bingster.........your other post about the generator makes me wonder exactly how big is this generator you refer to..........these battery cables are just for the battery aren't they?............lol.......sorry, will go back into my corner now.........lol........andyd. 

And I thought this time of the morning was allocated to me to be the resident smartarse..........lol..........found that friend yet?..........lol..........andyd