Head lights dont work

Cannuck

Hi I have a problem with my head.lights .First i must explain that i had the battery out to change it back to a positive ground .I had installed the battery wrong.The car started fine but no headlights ,park lights work fine . pulled off headlight no power. to same. Any ideas on what i may have done .I am not even sure if this is a new problem as i only drive the car in daylight hrs.

check to see if at the  headlight switch you have power (connects to the amp guage)......this goes through a fuse in some older switches and through a circuit breaker on the later.  If yes, then, check the dimmer input verify input of voltage....check the output wires.  Note to remember...these switch will corrode a bit due to moisture and the location on the body...they will self clean on the average with cycling the switch high low high low many times....if doing this and you have out put voltage, follow the wire to the radiator mount panel, there you should find your power distribution terminal boards..check these for clean and tight and voltage present...ensure you buckets are grounded well tight and clean.  I assume you have tested the headlights bulbs themselves with an ohm meter or at minimum off the body and jumped to voltage.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Just had to remove dimmer switch on my 41 Chrysler which has been in storage the last 4 plus years and clean the wire terminals to get the head lights to work. While your on headlight maintenance remove the blubs and clean the sockets and grounds.