how low can you go...is nothing sacred

Plymouthy Adams

Sitting here and got a phone call, listed as the VA Outreach Center....as they are a legit facility as I have a brother who is 100% under VA care so against most all incoming call policy I answered this one.  Guess what, the recording started with I see by our records you have stayed at our resort facility....blah blah blah.   How stupid are these folks to think I will automatically be warm and friendly to a deceiving phone call.  These folks are scum in my book...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

.  These folks are scum in my book...

I agree with you!  It appears that the newer technology allows one to have displayed any number or organization he/she wants to have show up on a phone.

Come to think of it, "scum" doesn't quite get it but I kinda like it around here.  You all know what I mean.

today they called using my phone provider as the incoming caller....I reported them to the phone company....I just had the phone company come repair my shop phone line and figured it was a service follow up call.....man at the phone company says they take this seriously...we will see...

1 hour ago, JerseyHarold said:

We average 5-6 bogus phone number calls a day.   If the calling number is not familiar to us, we don't answer.  A legit caller will leave a voicemail.

We have our home phone with a "voice over IP" (VoIP) provider that allows us to create white and black lists on how to handle incoming calls. That helps a lot. But they also have a a spam indicator and a telemarketing block. Between the two, most telemarking calls never get far enough to ring our phone. The ones that do I put into our personal blacklist and report as spam to improve the spam call filter.