lowest known P18 engine number

hempster

That one is going to be hard to beat.

Not sure about hard to beat...may be a problem with the membership here but with the POC or the WPC crowd or even members within the AACA....there are 180254 chances one will pop up as produced prior to your number.....P18 first engine number was 1001

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Not sure about hard to beat...may be a problem with the membership here but with the POC or the WPC crowd or even members within the AACA....there are 180254 chances one will pop up as produced prior to your number.....P18 first engine number was 1001

Are the "I's on his engine number the number 1,or are they capital "I"'s? If they are letters instead of numbers,his engine number is 255A.

s

Just now, Plymouthy Adams said:

Capital I is a one in the numbering system...

Ok,thanks. I didn't know that. I thought it was some sort of production code letter.

Yes one could an more in likely will ....

how many p18 motors where produced . If they started at 1001 what's the last number made you have great knowledge plymouthyadam 

Edited by hempster

58 minutes ago, hempster said:

Knuckleharley maybe this head is what you need for the 48  dodge 

http://www.edgyspeedshop.com/products.html 

Thank you,one of those sweet things as well as a cam by Edgy or Delta cams is on my "to buy" list,but my coupe is a 42. I now have a 230 as well as a 251,and am not yet sure which I will use. I may even keep the original engine in it if I can get it unstuck without breaking anything, It only has around 30k miles on it,but has been sitting since at least 1973.

The finned aluminum head I am seriously looking for at this time is for the 226 cubic inch flathead 6 Ford engine in my 51 Ford business coupe.  It's my current semi-daily driver.

I prefer a Knudsen if I can find one because I have a 3x1 Knudsen intake for it,but a Edmunds would do me just fine,also. Ok,ok,I'm kidding. I'll be happy with anything I can find. Flat 6 Ford speed equipment is hard to find.