1940 Mopar Month

Andydodge

Looks like its 1940 Mopar Month on US ebay at present..........three 1940 Dodges, three 1940 Chryslers, one 1940 Plymouth AND one 1940 De Soto and a Sportsman version at that.......never heard of such an animal.............lol.........wow, more 1940 Mopars than I've seen listed ever...........o/k...........back to my corner I go, andyd 

Being the owner of a 1940 Plymouth 2 door sedan and having block sanded that body multiple times I consider myself quite familiar with the details of the body. Can someone tell me where the stamped lines on the fenders went on this fairly stock looking black 40 for sale on eBay?

s-l1600 (3).jpg

DSCN3273.JPG

Plyrod.........good eyes....I hadn't noticed that those stampings were gone, in fact the whole pressing that follows the wheel arch opening on both front & back fenders is gone together with the horizontal line..........someone I think has filled them as I'd be hard pressed to imagine someone hammer & dollying the lot..........lol........but who knows, the listing doesn't mention it..........as for block sanding your Plymouth......lol..........yeh, tell me about it.......lol...........I stripped my version of the 1940 Plymouth....err, Dodge back to bare metal in 1978 when I painted it.........a mate redid the roof about 5-6 yrs ago when the vinyl top was replaced.........they is big cars........but that black Plymouth is interesting............Andyd  

Has anybody else noticed that the curve of the hood handles match the lines on the front fenders.   (not on the black one though)

Dpollo..........not sure what you mean, my Dodge uses the same Plymouth fenders and all 1940 Dodges use those handles too, they are the stock unmodified handles.......see my car tho' I chromed my handles.......lol ...........you can see the stock fender stampings clearly on my car............andyd

P1000696 (800x600).jpg

Hood handles on  say .. a 37 Plymouth or a 51 Dodge truck are straight.    The 40's has a little kick to it which matches the lines in the fender.

Wow........you've got good eyesight......lol.........I'd never really noticed that, tho' their curvature is more pronounced when seen from above.........lol...........andyd

"Had"     good eyesight would be more accurate,      I had a badly abused but much loved 40 Plymouth sedan when I was a teenager.    I have another one now, a Deluxe Business Coupe.   I am very fond of that model.

• Like 1

Just got a reply back from the 40 Plymouth seller, he says it was painted by the previous owner and that the PO must have just filled the stampings in as they are all visible on the inside of the fenders............have never seen nor heard of someone doing this in the 48 yrs I've been playing with these cars...........you learn something every day.......tho' I'm not sure I'd ever do it nor do I think I'd change it back........lol............I'd be telling people that it was a pre production assembly........lol........nah, I'd would never do that.......lol.......it certainly has made me look at it many times, and if I had the coin I'd buy it...................andyd