Australian 1949 P18

49 Special Deluxe

What.......another Aussie!!!.........lol............I should get a spotters fee.............lol........nah, all good...........Welcome to the best mopar forum around, these guys know their stuff...........your Oz P18 has a 218.06 cube 25" Chrysler/Desoto based engine, also sometimes referred to as a "Kew" engine which is an OZ ONLY term that should never be mentioned when dealing with Nth Americans as they will have no idea what you mean....so its a 25" engine, the 218 figure sometimes gets confused with the US Plymouth/Dodge 23" long engine that was available as a 210/217/230..............the 25" engine came as the 218/228/250/1 and 265........your 218 has a 3 & 3/8" bore with a 4 & 1/16th stroke, 97hp.......I haven't any specific engine number info other than the generic info in my Oz 1946-53 Chrysler Australia Workshop Manual........btw where are you/........I'm in Sth Grafton NSW..........regards, Andy Douglas