Canvass Visor?

superfunk

I picked up a nice '41 Kingsway a few years back.  It has a plexiglass exterior sunvisor installed.  Very functional.  The car also came with a frame for a canvass visor.  I didn't think much of it at the time.  

Fast forward to today.  I'm thinking about getting some new canvass put on the visor.  I go to the internet to see examples, and it turns out I can't find any.  Everything is steel.  I talk to some of my friends who are more familiar with this vintage of vehicles and they've never heard of it.

So...  Who has seen exterior sun visors made from canvass?  

20170708_202248.jpg

Alan, in the UK, just told me he found one of these in the trunk of his P15 Business Coupe when he got it.
I haven't seen it, or any pictures, but it's clearly a period item.
If I get more info I will post it on this thread.

• Like 1

Robin - That's awesome.  I'd love to see a picture if it still has good canvass.  Mine is pretty destroyed and there was only enough material to know what it was made of.  I'd like an example of what it should look like finished.

I recently passed a 48  D25 through my hands and it had a canvas visor, intact but weatherbeaten,  It fit the roofline well enough . I did not like it enough to remove it for my own usage. With a new canvas or vinyl cover, it would be acceptable. I have never seen another.

On July 10, 2017 at 9:41 AM, superfunk said:

I picked up a nice '41 Kingsway a few years back.  It has a plexiglass exterior sunvisor installed.  Very functional.  The car also came with a frame for a canvass visor.  I didn't think much of it at the time.  

Fast forward to today.  I'm thinking about getting some new canvass put on the visor.  I go to the internet to see examples, and it turns out I can't find any.  Everything is steel.  I talk to some of my friends who are more familiar with this vintage of vehicles and they've never heard of it.

So...  Who has seen exterior sun visors made from canvass?  

20170708_202248.jpg

Never seen or heard of these. Hope you restore it and post pictures.