death of internal combustion engines

ggdad1951

First Volvo announces it will be IC free in new vehicles by 2020 and now France will be IC free in 2040...what does this portend for our lifestyle here?  Did RUSH get it right in "Red Barchetta"?

7 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

First Volvo announces it will be IC free in new vehicles by 2020 and now France will be IC free in 2040...what does this portend for our lifestyle here?  Did RUSH get it right in "Red Barchetta"?

GOOD! that means parts will be useless. you should GIVE me that other SS marker :P

I won't loose too much sleep over it yet. but we should have know this day would come eventually....... RESIST!!!!

think i'll chill out to some 8track music.:D

30 minutes ago, JBNeal said:

The Amish have been IC free fer awhile I reckon :cool:

Lots of local Amish in my area. One of my old high school buddies works for them as a driver. The Amish have a construction crew and own many trucks, vans, tractors, bob cats, etc. But they hire the English guys to drive them. My buddy told me that he drove one of the bosses to a bob cat dealer one day and the boss peeled out a huge wad of cash and bought 5 bob cats on the spot. But that is a mere pittance to the money they have tied up in there draft horses.They own a lot of land and pay a lot of taxes in this community. They also have a produce store and have the best corn and tomatoes in the county. Glad they are here. There houses and barns are pristine and use no electricity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

GOOD! that means parts will be useless. you should GIVE me that other SS marker :P

I won't loose too much sleep over it yet. but we should have know this day would come eventually....... RESIST!!!!

think i'll chill out to some 8track music.:D

I don't know if I'll REALLY see it in the lifetime I have left, it's fine to SAY they will be IC free, but I can't see battery power working for power sport craft, motorcycles, semis, trains, farm implements and military for a LONG time.  But I can see gasoline getting harder and harder to get and the non oxy even more rare and spendy.

Meanwhile some RUSH:

• Like 1

I think people are tired of losing what independence we have. Driving at least gives the illusion of being free to make your own choices and "steer" your life yourself.  How much more can we stand of letting yet another machine do our thinking for us? 

• Like 1