Question about Fulton visors

Mortimer452

I know it's hotly debated, but I personally really like the look of the sun visor

I found these for sale not far away:  https://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/6191980953.html

Ad says they are for a Chevy, but I know these were somewhat "universal fit" for many makes/models.  Any idea on whether these would work on my '47 P15 2dr Sedan?

fulton.jpg

Edited by Mortimer452

Mortimer...this is what I used on the 1941 Plymouth I had......I obtained it from a guy whose name escapes me that advertised it on this forum, he had it on a 1948 Plymouth Sedan.........the window shape & area is the same from 1940 thru to 1948 so I bought it and had it shipped to Oz..........I painted it to match the car and fitted it without any modification or change in width apart from making a new, much stronger centre mount as pictured..........this visor was apparently a Fulton 1000 Series which I have been told was supposedly made for later, say early 50's cars but it fitted the Plymouth well and personally I liked the curved end shape as well as the mounting brackets it used...they were alloy that would have been painted but being a hotrodder meant that I polished them and thought they looked much better................lol................the blue & white visors in your pic appear to be Fultons but I'm not sure about the pale green & motlely coloured one, tho' they have a more curved end which I tend to like, the front two seem to me to be almost like a "plank".......but that's just my opinion......lol...............anyway dunno if all this helps........lol........Andy Douglas  

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Have a Fulton on my 52 and it's universal as were most. The repo's are decent and I've installed them. I,d stick with the ones that are adjustable for width. The factory accessory ones for Plymouth had a slit in the visor to see the traffic lights

image.jpg

Andre.....do you have a pic of the visor you have?...........also there was a guy on the HAMB that was an expert on the various types of visors, especially Fultons.......I had no idea what sort mine was but he was able to advise what it was, etc.........but a pic of yours would help..... btw you can see that I made a stronger centre bracket for mine as the original was flimsy to say the least..........andyd