Finally some photos of my P20

medium_jon

My first hobby is photography. My son, Jacob, decided at age 14 that he wanted 'an old car' when it came time to drive. I searched around and found this 1950 P20 Special DeLuxe Club Coupe that had been restored two owners ago. The previous owner bought it from the prior's estate. The PO had the bumpers rechromed, found some trim, redid steering tie rods, and a few other things. I've primarily just been doing maintenance, but Jacob is starting a Scarebird Disc Brake install real soon. 

I don't know why I haven't taken the time to take a photo of the car -- perhaps all the time my wife's kitchen remodel is taking? That project started at the same time we got the Plymouth -- hmm. 

Anyway, yesterday, 4 July 2017, I finished repairing the parking brake and then asked my youngest daughter to put on a dress and we headed out to take some photos. I started at local college campus but got run off by security. Headed to a park that has an ancient stone gazebo, but being a national holiday, the park was overrun with people. Decided I would head down to this pull off across the river as it has a place without any time telling details. Favorite shot of the youngest daughter with the Plymouth. 

20170704183358-_JSW8948-2.jpg

Edited by medium_jon
grammar
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, greg g said:

Is that a factory color?  Very nice.

Yes, @greg g , it is called Shore Green. The car was repainted -- two owners ago, but to that factory color. I don't know if it was originally that color or not. I don't even know how much of the car is original. The fenders and some of the floor panels are too pristine to have been original. 

Edited by medium_jon
fixed grammar

Great car! Your son has a real gem there. He's very fortunate to have a Dad that can also seems to love the old cars, and supports him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Your son has a real gem there

@keithb7: Yes, he seems quite pleased. He has done multiple small things on the vehicle thus far. And, fortunately, he isn't afraid to read the service manual, Motor's manual that I have. I'm just trying to make it as reliable as possible while keeping the appearance looking original to the casual observer. 

• Like 1

Just now, BobT-47P15 said:

Nice looking Plymouth Jon.......enjoy.

Thanks @BobT-47P15 . I know where there is a local 1947 Business Coupe and a 47 parts car to go with it. I'm keeping it in mind if we decide to do a full restoration after getting our feet wet with this 50. The owner isn't ever going to do anything with either.