Hood Does Not Open All The Way

Surfmerc

Happy Independence Day Everyone !

I am assembling body parts on my 49 Sub. I am working on the hood now. It has a 50 hood.  I am not sure if the hinges are correct for the hood. The hood will only raise 18" above the latch plate. I noticed here is a forward bolt hole on the hood not being used by the hinge bracket. (see pictures). Needs adjustment at the latch and overall alignment is not too bad,  but I first need to address the hinge issue and then go from there. What's my problem?

Have a Great Day !!!

hood 3.JPG

hood 1.JPG

hood 2.JPG

hood 4.JPG

The extra hole doesn't seem to have anything to do with the hood hinge. There is a stop on the hinge arm that the coiled spring hooks over that limits how far the hood opens. Could this lever be bent or frozen so the hood only opens partially?  I would loosen the three nuts (two are up under the dash) that hold the hinge to the cowl and attempt to swing the whole hinge assy. upward. I've never tried this and don't know if this is even possible with this design or whether the hood could then be made to fit the opening. Just my thoughts.

DSC07611.jpeg

DSC07613.jpeg

DSC07614.jpeg