Local Car Show

Hubler13f

I went to a local car show yesterday, there were lots of nice vehicles from all over PA. No trophies for me I had to enter into the street rods to 1948 class and unfortunately my rather stock 218 wasn't as eye catching as the chromed out 350s in many of the other cars.

Here's some of the Mopars

20170702_110944_resized_1.jpg.9d4b2ced83975d01affb2355bc7e108f.jpg

20170702_113423_resized_1.jpg.d059adff3c76e1c8ce6e897cf37de4c9.jpg20170702_113304_resized_1.jpg.0eb20057a240b5c7edc2d7b4407dc279.jpg

My P15

20170702_113436_resized_1.jpg.24942bdbbc8390bfeaa00054f8157649.jpg

• Like 4

I forgot to add that I had talked to the owner of the triple carbed 25 inch spitfire Plymouth. He lives about 10 miles from me and said a local guy used to make the intake he has, I guess he made several of them mostly for the 25 inch block. He also mentioned it was bored .060 and he had a cam ground for it. He was also running a split manifold and I know it sounded healthy.

That is a George Ashe manifold.  Tell him he needs to ditch those 4 inch air cleaners, he is probably stifeling his true performance potential as they don't flow enough air for the carbs to work efficiently.  And if you are less than  half hour drive from George, you owe it to yourself to pay him a visit. He is a true flat head six guru.

Edited by greg g

Well I just looked him up, I found 2 numbers on the net so Im assuming one is a typo. One is  814-345 number which is definately my area within 15 minutes anywhere with that prefix. The other was a 814-354 number which is Tionesta, PA, still only about 1:30 away, so I'll probably look him up either way.

It could be, I talked to him for a little bit but didn't catch his name. There are a ton of Adams in this area. It was in Osceola Mills, PA the hometown of Matt Adams former St. Louis Cardinal and first baseman for the Atlanta Braves.

only if it was a automobile swap meet Chance....car show...not worth my wasting my time....they had a show a couple miles from here this past weekend....could not say anything more than that....I will catch a cruise in maybe once every two years if I get extremely bored about the house...

PA, I know what your saying, I walked past 90% of the cars there, not that they weren't nice in their own right, just weren't my thing. I'm more into the 30s and 40s stuff. Some of the guys there knew nothing and couldn't answer any questions about their own cars, some cars looked like they were bought at a dealership a week ago and brought there. It's the guys that work, cut, weld and grind on their own stuff that I am interested in talking to.

At the swap meets and in the car corral I usually have to cut through the center or around the one end to get to the row of cars on the back row.  The project cars, ones that stir the creative juices.  Even at a cruise I often just park for enough time to do a run through, exchange a few pleasantries with a few folks I know and then leave.  I mean what is so interesting about a 65 Mustang that are as plentiful as leaves in autumn, almost 681 thousand made and they are rare...yeah...I got cars that in a 10 year production run less than 7200 made...couple more cars similar production number but in a three year run.   I guess I am just a different duck altogether....got burnt out many years ago on shows and the sort.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Worden18 said:

I hope to in August maybe?? :D

Maybe the 46 the 40 plymouth would be lucky to run in the next decade

• Like 1