Interior panels

Does anyone know if templates exist for the door, kick, or any other of the interior panels on a 50 B series?  My truck's got nothing but bare metal, and I've done some upholstery work in the past, I'd like to try making some panels.  Are there templates somewhere?

Well, for  $45, including shipping ,I can supply you with a set of patterns for the door panels, kick panels, behind your head panels, and over your head panels.

PM me if interested.

• Like 2

It's not the pattern who sources the bulk material ? Charlie Stephenson  ah Mark will know.

On 7/1/2017 at 9:17 PM, Reg Evans said:

Well, for  $45, including shipping ,I can supply you with a set of patterns for the door panels, kick panels, behind your head panels, and over your head panels.

PM me if interested.

this should have been a PM in the first place per our posting rules...

On 7/1/2017 at 10:17 PM, Reg Evans said:

PM me if interested.

That seems very reasonable for a set of patterns.

Scott.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

Too bad about John.

He is a true craftsman. Beautiful work, reasonably priced and the best customer service I've every had. Well worth the money!!!

I hope he has a change of heart and gets back to the sewing machine.

I'm sorry, but my headliner that cost likely double or more the Roberts one fits poorly, is showing signs of material separating from the backing board and the stitching is sub par at best, and that huge centre strip he uses because he can't make the headliner in one piece really takes away from the look.  I know others have had good experiences, as per why I used John, but I would never recommend him and I wasn't impressed with how my choices kept getting changed because his wife didn't think it would look right.  I also built all my own kick and door panels and have had zero issues with the material separating from the board, so it's not the different vinyls fault, it's whatever he used for glue.

I have seen the Roberts panels, and I found them to look a lot more period correct, and the headliner looks quite good...I was pretty crushed when I seen it in the truck at a show in ND and talked with the owner...for what I paid he did his complete truck 

56 minutes ago, 4mula-dlx said:

I'm sorry, but my headliner that cost likely double or more the Roberts one fits poorly, is showing signs of material separating from the backing board and the stitching is sub par at best, and that huge center strip he uses because he can't make the headliner in one piece really takes away from the look.  I know others have had good experiences, as per why I used John, but I would never recommend him and I wasn't impressed with how my choices kept getting changed because his wife didn't think it would look right.  I also built all my own kick and door panels and have had zero issues with the material separating from the board, so it's not the different vinyls fault, it's whatever he used for glue.

I have seen the Roberts panels, and I found them to look a lot more period correct, and the headliner looks quite good...I was pretty crushed when I seen it in the truck at a show in ND and talked with the owner...for what I paid he did his complete truck 

You're the only person I've heard of complaining about his work or prices. You are absolutely entitled to share your experience here.

Mine and others was certainly different. I used John's interior products based on other members purchases from other vendors. A seat splitting in 3 years means it's made of sub-grade material. My experience with Quiet Ride was terrible. Stitching that came apart, wasn't straight and holes in the material from earlier attempts.

I valued his wife's input on color choices, but in the end chose what I wanted. Not what someone else wanted in my truck.

He can make a one piece headliner, it would be cost prohibitive to ship it.

I hope you don't mind replacing your interior in 3 or 4 years.

• Like 2

As someone that hasn't purchased any interior parts yet or been around to see different examples built by different people - can you gentlemen post up some pictures of interiors and the source - both examples of "good" and "bad" would be appreciated.

10 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

You're the only person I've heard of complaining about his work or prices. You are absolutely entitled to share your experience here.

Mine and others was certainly different. I used John's interior products based on other members purchases from other vendors. A seat splitting in 3 years means it's made of sub-grade material. My experience with Quiet Ride was terrible. Stitching that came apart, wasn't straight and holes in the material from earlier attempts.

I valued his wife's input on color choices, but in the end chose what I wanted. Not what someone else wanted in my truck.

He can make a one piece headliner, it would be cost prohibitive to ship it.

I hope you don't mind replacing your interior in 3 or 4 years.

I agree. I found John extremely easy to deal with....and the quality and value is superb. I get compliments all the time. Since my Pilothouse is my only vehicle I really did not want the interior to look like plastic or cardboard. I used what John crafted and added quite a bit of insulation to it and the cab. Everybody who rides in mine has the same comments.....they can't get over how nice it looks and how quiet and comfortable the cab is. I am absolutely positive it would have never turned out so well using the other offerings.

Jeff

ROd.10.jpg

ROd.9.jpg

ROd.5.jpg

• Like 3

FWIW the PH interior headliner isn't "correct" for a resto (center is wrong assembly method), but they do look good.

Meanwhile FEF has all QR interior except for firewall (that's Robert's cardboard). Note that QR used my original as a new rear template so it can be ordered now as a single piece as was stock.  Colors are stock colors via paint (sorry for hue being off on some pics due to lighting).

2013-11-15 10.53.05.jpg

2013-11-15_10_53_11.jpg

2013-05-05_14_43_07.jpg

2013-05-01_18_28_50.jpg

• Like 1

I got your "bad example" :D

LOL, HRT here your looking at the original cardboard interior, that I removed to remove a dent in the roof. and then reinstalled (with contact cement)  for the CA BBQ

please note the hand stitching and the mouse decayed spot above the driver side visor.... :D

interior.JPG.659b1f3e6e57ff485886ab709cdc8d40.JPG

RIM SHOT! (thank you..... I'm here all week..... please remember to tip your waitresses)  

• Like 5

On 7/11/2017 at 5:30 AM, HotRodTractor said:

As someone that hasn't purchased any interior parts yet or been around to see different examples built by different people - can you gentlemen post up some pictures of interiors and the source - both examples of "good" and "bad" would be appreciated.

I made my own non warping water proof headliners...and other cab panels....

The red one is 25 years old ...the green about 5 years old....

They snap in like factory.

Dodge Headliner 2.JPG

Headliner B3D.JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 2:21 AM, Dodgeb4ya said:

I made my own non warping water proof headliners...and other cab panels....

The red one is 25 years old ...the green about 5 years old....

They snap in like factory.

Dodge Headliner 2.JPG

Headliner B3D.JPG

What did you use?  I'm thinking about trying to head form and to the shape.  It worked well for the doors and kick panels.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2017 at 12:11 PM, NiftyFifty said:

I wouldn't  recommend PH interiors anyway, not worth the much extra expense from my experience.

Roberts motor parts stuff doesn't look too bad in person, and not a bad price.

Got some photos?

Hey! Thanks for the come back. I was going to make my own headliner and refresh my door and kick panels, but now think I may be better served to buy a kit. I've looked around and find it hard to get a handle on replacement panels you can't see and touch. Reading owner impressions is real helpful here.

So far I've seen @ggdad1951,s Quiet Ride interior and John's; now out of business. You mentioned Robert's. I'd like to see those. Their website shows the kits for about $325 - no photos:  https://www.robertsmotorparts.com/interior-area-related-parts?pagenumber=3

DCM kit is $520, no photos, and Vic's Dodge Garage has kits for $450, also no photos.

I'm reminded of my brake cylinder experience where I got exactly the same product but one was twenty bucks or so and the other was ~$70!