Pertronix question

SSD

Ok so I have a couple part numbers not sure what one is right for my 47 truck first I found the 256ls under the auto section of the catalog then I found the 1361a under the indrustrual section anyone know what one is corect? 

1 minute ago, SSD said:

Ok so I have a couple part numbers not sure what one is right for my 47 truck first I found the 256ls under the auto section of the catalog then I found the 1361a under the indrustrual section anyone know what one is corect? 

Suggest you call Pertronix and ask them.

18 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I also suggest using their plug wires, or similar suppression plug wires. Old style solid cores will mess with the module. 

Really? I've set myself up for a downfall this whole time then. Got the laquered wires on there...

Pertronix does make some nice ignition wires - stainless steel wrapped core. And the outer jacket insulation is black, not bright yellow, blue, or red!

6 minutes ago, John-T-53 said:

Really? I've set myself up for a downfall this whole time then. Got the laquered wires on there...

Pertronix does make some nice ignition wires - stainless steel wrapped core. And the outer jacket insulation is black, not bright yellow, blue, or red!

I have no proof of this, but it seems that every story I've hear regarding a Petronix failure, they were still using old solid core wires. Some of the theories I've heard is that they can create electrical interference that can cause issues with the electronic module.

On 6/30/2017 at 9:26 AM, Merle Coggins said:

I have no proof of this, but it seems that every story I've hear regarding a Petronix failure, they were still using old solid core wires. Some of the theories I've heard is that they can create electrical interference that can cause issues with the electronic module.

Good point, makes sense. I'm about due for a new set anyway, and I never was really fond of the stock lacquered wires. So far though, my ignition system has been working well.