46 dodge truck bed

They are around. The lowside pilot house beds are rumored to be the same sheet metal. Fenders are a little harder but can be had in fiberglass

• 2 weeks later...

Did you also post this to the yahoo group? If not someone else is asking a similar question. Anyway buying the entire thing from Horkey will be expensive but gets you new parts. I think you'll be stuck with fiberglass fenders that way. Otherwise watch this group and that one along with ebay and craigslist. You'll find stuff if you're patient. I've got 4 fenders and 4 bedsides stashed for future projects. I have the bed fronts too but they might end up replaced with reproductions as they are rusted out along the bottom. 

10 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Did you also post this to the yahoo group? If not someone else is asking a similar question. Anyway buying the entire thing from Horkey will be expensive but gets you new parts. I think you'll be stuck with fiberglass fenders that way. Otherwise watch this group and that one along with ebay and craigslist. You'll find stuff if you're patient. I've got 4 fenders and 4 bedsides stashed for future projects. I have the bed fronts too but they might end up replaced with reproductions as they are rusted out along the bottom. 

to beat the dead horse: 

Bruce is a great guy and has good stuff but the bed strips he sells are not correct.  Midwest Military is the only supplier of correct bed strips I've found.  BOTH are Minnesota companies and I've met BOTH owners and BOTH are great people.

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

to beat the dead horse: 

Bruce is a great guy and has good stuff but the bed strips he sells are not correct.  Midwest Military is the only supplier of correct bed strips I've found.  BOTH are Minnesota companies and I've met BOTH owners and BOTH are great people.

That brings an interesting thought to mind. The job rated series has wooden cross members while the pilot house has steel. So are the strips the same even between the 2? My 46 is built using generic strips with a carriage bolt at every spot. Longer ones through the cross members and shorter ones where it is just the floor. However it should have round holes for wood screws on top of the cross members and then the bolts for the gaps.

10 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

That brings an interesting thought to mind. The job rated series has wooden cross members while the pilot house has steel. So are the strips the same even between the 2? My 46 is built using generic strips with a carriage bolt at every spot. Longer ones through the cross members and shorter ones where it is just the floor. However it should have round holes for wood screws on top of the cross members and then the bolts for the gaps.

that's the nice thing about MM...they'll build yo want YOU want/need since they are the ACTUAL manufacturer of the parts and not a reseller.