1948 3 window business coupe

hempster

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 10:29 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

as you make discoveries or learn facts pertaining to your newly required model, I am not sure about you, but I start a notebook of all my cars and list these for future reference.   With the introduction of different wheelbases vehicles in 49 so was the model designator reflecting the chassis...this was true in 1950 and 51/52.  As the chassis went back to a single wheelbase in 1953 there was a single designation and engine number....in 1954 it got a bit confusing though still as single wheel base and single engine designation matching the chassis number, the introduction of the larger engine mid year got a special diamond prefix to the P25 engine designation for the 54 model year to denote the larger displacements, this was a one year only the Plymouth had flathead six in two displacements. 

yes i have started a note book and a reciept folder thank you for the info on tge door guide now i am trying to figure out what goes in these fire wall holes beside the heater box 

20170711_113413.jpg

Those ribbed bumpers are 49 only issue.  They were in such demand by rodders and custom guys it is actually pretty rare for them to be left on the original car.  So I also support second series 1949.  P15 body style bizzy coupes were assembled till late March 1949.  Second series 49's started assembly shortly thereafter.

blaine thats a nice looking 49 she is real fine can you share some under the hood and interior pictures 

1499963953690.jpg

Edited by hempster

most antennae were mounted to the preference of the dealership/shop doing the install....on the cowl, there was no need to run it between the fender and the cowl..often a dirty place to work if car was first put on the road before install and of course would need to be weather sealed at this panel also...

Hempster,

I'll be adding some pictures downloaded from my phone shortly. If you need any detailed specific pictures please do not hesitate to ask and i'll take pictures of what you need on what I have. The car is mostly stock from what I see and have experienced but I have changed  a few things...i.e. stereo, speakers, center console, fuse box, plug wires, carb ect. I'll add that to an individual forum later.

• Like 1

looks like i need to replace freeze plugs seems every time i touch it i break something

guess i need money to rebuild the motor project is at stand still until i find the funds to fix motor pushing back to the barn .... i contacted fiat chrysler and showed proof of owner ship they are sending the build sheet for free 

20170713_215535.jpg

Its nice inside and out I see you don't have the  heater option I have it but do not plan to drive during winter months if I ever get it road worthy again