Three speed shifter

pflaming

I fabricated this myself. I couldn't find one I liked so. . . I haven't road tested it yet, but will try to get the engine and transmission installed by weeks end and then do a short, short test, two blocks to edge of town, then country road.  I copied a picture so not my design. 

IMG_8627.JPG

• Like 3

Greg: Yes.   It is spring loaded so that 2 & 3 are positive. R and 1 are spring reached via spring over ride. At the neutral position, it automatically returns to 2 & 3. The back and forth action distance depends on the length of the shifter handle. Will know more when installed. 

Edit: That it works is not in question because I can easily and quickly go through the gears. The question is the positioning of the shifter handle in relation to the seat, driver's reach, console placement or ?????. I will design this handle for a console placement on my suburban which has bucket seats but not on my B3B which has a bench seat. 

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

I really like this, and your ability to think "outside the catalog"

This will certainly work better than the one I made for the three speed behind the 218 in my model A, a few years ago.  I wish I had seen those diagrams back then.  Oh well...

• Like 1