Took my truck to a car show...

Our local volunteer fire department has an annual car show.  I missed it last year, but I was able to take my B-4-B to it this year (won Best Original Truck class).  I am not into the trophies, but I was on Cloud 9 when the man I bought the truck from 42 years ago stopped by the truck to visit for a couple of hours.  I had tried to buy the truck (parked, bed off, not running for at least 5 years) from his father - the original owner (Gilbert Toepfer - pronounced "Teffer"), but he would not sell.  When Mr. Toepfer passed away, his son Marvin called my folks and asked if I wanted to buy the truck from his dad's estate - $100 back in 1975. 

Marvin is on the right, I am the one in need of a wide-angle lens on the left. He is now 81 yrs young and still quite sharp.  We talked all things "old Dodge truck" and our hometown. It made his day as much as it did my son's and mine. Marvin told me that he never remembered the truck looking this nice since it was always a work truck.  Because of its work status, he's pretty sure that no "back in the day" photos exist of it (but he will look). 

BTW, the man in the lawn chair on the left was showing his 1971 Barracuda (not a 'Cuda) convertible.  He is the original owner.  He joked that my truck was bringing the folks in, then they would look at his Barracuda to be polite.  His car actually took top place  at the show.

Bob, Marvin & Dodge (2).jpg

Edited by Bobacuda
I think I finally got the photo resized
  • Like 13

And the website ate the photo.  Let's see if this works...

And it did not.  How do I take a 3.4 photo and make a 3.0 or less photo out of it :confused:

Edited by Bobacuda
I accidentally got it sized to fit.

that is awesome Bob!  probably one of my favorite type of photo's I like to see on the forum is of the previous owners and our members.

congrats on the award, you deserve it!  

• 1 month later...

hope you don't mind me recycling the thread Bob. :)

we made it also to a local car show yesterday put on by the "Cascade Plymouth Club"

59908319bed73_cccshow(2)(1024x768).jpg.8d2e5f8171ee97bbda54aebc55d7f3d5.jpg599083141a273_cccshow(1)(1024x768).jpg.ef702040b4f865c47f68491c51e72476.jpg

we were the lone Pilothouse.

and talk about coincidence, shortly after arriving the PO husband, that sold us the tuck last year, called his wife and said "you'll never guess what I am looking at"

MADE MY DAY!   

• Like 2