New guy

Jolly

Hello all ! Just found this forum and happy I did. Browsing around it looks like a wealth of information is here about the mopar flathead 6. I just purchased  1940 Chrysler Windsor that won't be delivered until Tuesday. Can't wait to start tinkering with it. Got it at a fire sale price because it has what sounds like a rod knock. Hoping for an easy fix but will deal with whatever it needs to make it reliable. So I will be here picking your's all brains on things I find.  Cosmetically exterior and interior is good to go on this. Happy to be driving a cool ride in the near future. 

I named the car Jolly after the Jolly Green Giant

IMG_1947.JPG

Edited by Jolly
  • Like 1

Looks like you scored a nice one to start with. Compared to bodywork,paint,glass,chrome,upholstery,finding missing parts,etc,etc,etc,a rod knock is such a simple fix it's barely worth mentioning.

Man, that's a super sweet looking ride.   Love the color!   Already mentioned, but going through that motor to fix a "knock" would be the easiest thing to manage in my book. Keep is posted with info and

MORE PICTURES! ;)

3 minutes ago, thebeebe5 said:

MORE PICTURES! ;)

Especially photos of the interior and the dash.